cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Options missing sections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I refreshed my laptop and reinstalled Office and the IBP Excel Add in.  However, the Sheet Options window is now missing some options.  Do you know how to get them back? See the attached screenshots of my Sheet Options.

This list describes my setup:

• Windows 8.1 64 bit
  • Office 2013 32 bit
  • IBP Excel Addin Version 4.0.1.4, EPM Version 10.0 SP 21 Patch 3 .NET 4, EPM Build 9160

Thank you,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thato_mokwena2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I am experiencing the same issue of missing sections. I have three machines, two of which has no issue, the 3rd one has this issue. Through a process of elimination, the only difference is that the machine with the issue is a Macbook Pro, and has the highest screen resolution of all the three (everything else is the same, all software components).

Can you please confirm the type of machine on which you experience the issue?

Regards

Thato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thato,

I have a HP SPECTRE 360 with Windows 10. 

I had to play with the resolution and the text size to get the sheet options to show correctly.

Regards,
Marco

clay-t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Right -- had/have a similar issue with my Yoga 3 (Lenovo).  The sheet options bit has everything to do with the chosen resolution and text size and not installation.  Thanks for updating folks, Marco, and glad to know it's not just my Yoga that has the issue!

It will be nice when the Add-In(s) are updated and made to work with better resolution PCs and across multiple Add-In(s).

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Maybe tried to install the 4.0.2.0 plugin and see if the same error is occurring?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YS,

Thanks for your reply.  I installed the 4.0.2.0 plugin as you suggested, but unfortunately, it did not solve the issue.  The Sheet Options is displaying the same way as my attached screenshots.

The plugin details are:

Version: 4.0.2.0

EPM Version: 10.0 SP 22 Patch 1 .NET 4

EPM Bulid: 9217

Regards,

Marco

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco

Not sure will the steps below helps:

1. Uninstall the plug in completely;

2. Delete/Rename the EPMXLCIientPreference.XML file in the \Users\[ID]\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient directory;

3. Install the plugin again and start it

Hope the EPMXLClientPreference.XML file is re-created automatically with all the selection possible for the Sheet Options.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YS,

I followed the steps indicated but unfortunately it did not fix the Sheet Options. 

Is there a particular parameter within the XML file that I should be looking for?

I kept the old xml file.  Would it help if I send you both files (old and new)?

Thanks,

Marco

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Marco

I assume you deleted already the cache in

C:\Users\<your userID>\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient\Metadata ???

And I assume you tried already to copy & paste the files EPMXLClientPreference.XML and  SOPXLClientPreference.XML from another user for which the same AddOn versions does work in your own folder?

Than I would open up OSS message...

The installation file itself works fine for me ...

Irmi

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco

You can send the files to yeu.sheng.teo@sap.com.

Also, log a ticket if that is on your project critical path.

Regards.

YS