cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report 2013 Report Not Viewing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, here's one I've been looking into for a week now and need help.  We use to run Crystal Report XI and used merge modules for redistribution.  We recently upgraded to Crystal Report 2013 and downloaded the MSI files for runtime distribution.  We created a test report for the Crystal Report 2013 and installed the MSI runtime files.  We have been getting an error about a missing component crviewer.dll.  Has anyone had a problem like this?  I know that crviewer.dll is not in use anymore so we're trying to switch everything over to the new Crystal Report 2013. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is  no MSI for Crystal reports 2013 (v. 14.1.x). What version of CR are you actually using?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now, we are using CR XI r1 and we bought the "SAP Crystal Reports 2013, upgrade".

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what version of VS are you using?

CR XI will not support anything higher than VS 2003...

See:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/LYQQB

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek!  Actually we're using Visual Basic 6.  We're in the middle of upgrading, but I was just wondering which third party software we can upgrade and use right now.  But from what I see, where going to have to wait.  Most likely we will be switching to VS 15.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah - with VB 6, the last version of CR to support it was XI R2 (11.5, SP6). After that you're in the .NET world (or Java). CRVS will support VS 2015 fully in SP 15 (ETA: September(?)). It works in VS 2015 now as SP 14, but it's a bit flaky for my likes...

- Ludek