Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple pages in Personas 3.0

celo_berger
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm aware that we can combine data from multiple tabs in a single transaction, onto a single page, to simplify the entire process.

But in a tcode, such as PA40, where we need to hit enter or another button to proceed to an entirely new page, is it possible to simplify the navigation of multiple pages, and have all the fields in a single page?

I'm thinking that there's a dependency in which to go from page 1 to page 2, we need to have some sort of input first, to allow it to go to page 2. And likewise from page 2 to 3 and so on.

Although the answer to this might just be an obvious no, I'd thought I'd ask to see if anyone managed to find a creative solution.

I appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do indeed need to input data on each screen before being able to navigate to the next, then this might be impossible (but see below for an idea). If you just need some data up front, on screen 1, but can then navigate to all subsequent screens with no further input then it should be straightforward. Collect that initial data and then have a script do the navigation to the other screens copying the required data. Once you have it all, navigate back to screen 1 and paste all the data into custom fields you've created there. You can trigger that script either via a button or by using the ENTER key to trigger an onBeforeRefresh script.

Speaking of onBeforeRefresh, what if that script new which data was needed for which screens? You could then build a combined screen as above. The user could type into the fields starting from the top, pressing enter after each one. Once enough data exists, the onBeforeRefresh script could go to the next screen and copy data back. The user then keeps filling in new fields and pressing enter, and the script keeps going to new screens once it has the data it needs to get there. You could mark subsequent fields inactive initially and have the script make them active and set focus when appropriate, so it was easier for the user to see what was necessary. I'm not sure I explained that very well - does it make sense? It would be a bit of work to get right.

Steve.