SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing the Plan Version Itself

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I understand the function of freezing the plan budget into a frozen version through FMCYFREEZE where frozen version is created as a non-modifiable copy only. After the freeze, source plan version is still open for any editing.

I have come across a unique requirement by the client who wants to freeze the Plan Version itself at a certain time (instead of copying it into the Frozen Version). So when Plan Version is freeze / locked it can't be changed by anyone in the organization. If they need to modify the plan budget data in future, it will be through creation of new plan budget.

Considering the above scenario, I would like to take suggestion if there is any possibility to freeze the plan version itself.

I would like to request all FM gurus especially  and to suggest any possible solution.

Regards

Muhammad Waseem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad Waseem,

You can use FMBOSTAT to assign a status to a budget version. You can configure the status such that it does not allow any changes.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad Waseem,

You can use FMBOSTAT to assign a status to a budget version. You can configure the status such that it does not allow any changes.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thanks so much for your suggestion and thanks to as well for his endorsement.

Since receiving your solution I have been trying to find menu path (from both front-end and IMG) to define new status version and then assign it to plan budget version but could not found. Currently I have only one status as STAT01 for both plan and actual version in FMBOSTAT.

Kindly refer the menu path to define the required status so I could assign a status to plan budget version as per your suggested solution. Any additional advise will be appreciated.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you define additional status (those, say, that are not assigned to 'Entry' process); assignment is done in FMBOSTAT.

IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Budgeting - Control Budgeting Flow - Edit Status

0 Kudos

Dear Eli & Shyamal,

Thank you so much for your back to back helpful responses.

Issue is now resolved following your feedback.

And Best of luck for Eli's coming book on FM

Configuring Funds Management for SAP Public Sector

Configuring Funds Management for SAP Public Sector . of Eli Klovski - by SAP PRESS

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Hopefully this E-Bite will be available in September.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMBOSTAT suggested by Shyam is perfect solution. Another way would be creating consistency check, which will not allow budget modification for the relevant version (FMKU_S_HEADER-VERSION), if some user flag is active.

Regards,

Eli