Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 - HR Trigger - A user must be assigned to employee ID

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm working on setting up HR triggers so we can automatically terminate employees. However, I keep getting an error in the logs stating "A user must be assigned to an employee ID".  This seems to be specific to changes with infotypes 0000 and 0001, as I don't get this error when processing HR triggers for infotype 0105/0001.

We just upgraded to the latest support pack, and I've done my best to review all notes including "2101648 - HR Trigger: No user assigned to employee ID" and "2182535 - HR Trigger BRF+ Rule is getting too complex?"  .

Anyone have any recommendations as to what else to check?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user does not have sap ID maintained in infotype 0105 subtype 0001.

the sap id of the use should be maintained there  for HR trigger.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

That is the very first thing I looked at, and I can confirm that infotype 0105/0001 is being maintained correctly.

Thanks,

Salim 

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can u share SLG1 error msg.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello , please paste SLG1 and PA30 Infotype 0101 and subtype 0001 screenshot..

please ensure is active in subtype.

regards,

prasant

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

As requested here is the log.  Thanks for the help so far!

Keep in mind for testing, I recently changes the action ID to "CRE" temporarily for testing purposes only. 

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for sure the User id not maintained, if maintained then its not in validity date.

regards,

Prasant

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

I double checked the validity dates in SU01/PA30, and also tried it with various other I.D's with no luck.  I wonder if it has anything to do with my BRF+ function, maybe I will try to recreate it from scratch.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u ask your HR to remove the ID, save it come out of screen and add it again and save it..

ensure user id valid user in organization

Regards,

Prasant

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

I have attempted the above with no luck.  I have also recreated the BRF+ function using a different guide and still get the same results. 

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said, BRF+ is not used while filling request structure,

the function module exist in GRC system search with request fill structure.

you can debug and look for details.

i assume you have not made any changes in target system for storing SAP ID in customized infotype.

regards,

Prasant

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the note 2101648.

in plugin HR system check parameter 1000 and if it seems fine, delete it save it and come out of screen and maintain again.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked to make sure that the GRC provisioning ID has enough structural authorizaitons to be able to see the 0105 record in your HR system? (OOSB, account should have ALL profile assigned)

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristobal,

We are not using structural authorizations in HR so that shouldn't be an issue.    Can anyone provide me with a screenshot of the SLG1 audit log when this works for any infotype 0000/0001 change?

I would like to test this out using function GRAC_HR_TRIGGER_EVENT_RECIEVER to see if I get similar results.

Prasant - I haven't tried your last recommendation, but I will get to it.

Thanks,

Salim Assaf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have everything I need to figure this out, as I have tested the function in SE37 successfully with infotype 0000.  I'm now thinking that the parameter IV_ORIGINATING_SYSTEM might not be getting passed correctly, which might be due to incorrect config somewhere. 

I'll keep you guys updated as to what I find.

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help everyone!  The Maintain Plug-In Configuration Settings connector was setup wrong in parameter 1000.

Original Setting:

RFC name found in the Plugin system (SM59)  that went from plugin to itself.

New Setting:

RFC name found in the GRC client (SM59)  that goes from GRC to plug-in.

Since they were slightly different, it wasn't working!

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user does not have sap ID maintained in infotype 0105 subtype 0001.

the sap id of the use should be maintained there  for HR trigger.

Regards,

Prasant