cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A macro to read characteristic value from material calssificaiton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to provide few details on the planning book e.g. number of wheel (e.g.) on a product. This is important factor for business as this decide their capacity in the resource/plant.

We have the wheel number as part of 'wheel count' with values. 2,3 4,6, 8 etc characteristics of the a class 'E_BOP" assigned to material master.

is it possible to get this number (value) in the planning book in a key figure "wheel count" using macro?

i see similar functions are available to read data from product master e.g. MATLOC etc in macro but not sure about is there anything available as standard to read characteristics values from class of material.

if not macro what other best possible way you suggest?

thanks and advance for your help

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pravin

Yes you can do this with MATLOC function but for this if the data is for material location combination  (check example for the same in the link). You can try MAT or MAT_C function, check second link for the same (though I have not created one but let me know if it resolved).

Functions for InfoObjects and Planning Folders - Operators and Functions in Macros - SAP Library

Let me know if it resolved your issue. Else you will have to use badi macro /SAPAPO/ADVX.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

i already visited your document and i understand Matloc from there only.

the concern here is classification /charecteristics values get stored in other tables not matloc or any material table as you aware.

you also mentioned data is read from material and location combinations right?

but classification data is global level.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pravin

It's an example for such macro. I know that characteristic data is not stored in those tables that's why I have also mentioned other functions. Try the same as mentioned in previous reply, if it does not work then use BADI to write such macro.

Regards

Rahul