cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding the reserved amount of the residual amount of one warehouse reduces the available number of other warehouses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all! We have one PI order, which was reserved for 8 kg of material (component). And we have other PI order, which was reserved for 2 kg of material. In total there were 20 kg of a stock of material - 10 kg per one stock (221H), and 10 kg at other locations (321H). When writing off on the first order was written off 9 kg (not 8 as planned initially) from a warehouse 321H. Write-off was carried out batch "123456". Now, if I run the transaction MMBE, I see the following scenario:

It can be seen that the free margin decreased by 9 kg (write-off of the first order). Reserved number of material (2 kg - the second option) is greater than the free stock (1 kg). Now, if I create a new order in which the Backup Set storage 221H, I can pick up for him only 9 kg of material. Although this stock is in a free reserve of 10 kg, and I did not take anything from there. But it seems that the system has reserved 1 kilogram of material on another stock 221H. Because of this, I can not pick up the full amount (10 kg) for the last order, and can pick up only 9 kg.                                                          Question: how to make a system with a deficiency of material for the reservation on one stock that is not to reserve this amount on the other stocks?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan,

If I understand your question correctly you want to restrict the stock availability during ATP check from storage location where stock is been reserved with some other requirement.

In that case check OVZ9 settings for your checking rule and checking group whether include reservation is selected.

Also please post your OVZ9 snap shot for further analysis.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, you understand me correctly. I check OVZ9. We use a group of check "PB"

Here are the settings:

1)

2)

3)

I think the problem is due to the "No stor.loc.inspectn" indicator, but it is not worth it ... I can not understand what the matter

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan Alex,

If I re read your initial post again I missed one of your key point in my last post it seems the second planned order required quantity 2 was reserved form 2 Batches 221H and 321H each one so now if you create new planned order 10 quantity you have only 9 available 221H which is correct.

Now coming on to your requirement if you enter batch at component level then system should check ATP and consider only that particular batch stock as per SAP Help this way you can restrict the any batch stock for any urgent order(in your case 221H batch could have been made available for 10 for your new order)

Availability Check: Organizational Levels - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

Availability Check at Batch Level

If only one batch is entered, the check is carried out on two levels, first against the batch and then against the plant stock.

Test the scenario in your sandbox and let us know whether it works.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, it really helped to solve the problem. Thanks for the help!

Answers (0)