cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had installed SAP SMP 3.0 Server and it was working for 6 months. later i uninstalled and trying to install again. I am getting the below error.

"Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.".

I referred to the threads with similar issue.  I tried several ways, but the same error.

Is this because of the antivirus running at the back end or the required port is used by other applications?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3663911

Please help in this issue.

Thanks,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this solution

Best Regards, Stanislav

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please update this thread with your latest finding,if issue has resolved, you can close it.

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If you still have issues, Check if the login is getting created, in case of same error, check for Admin Authorization, if you have the required authorization with your login, please create the required login "SAPSMPTestUserLogonService" manually and then try to install.

It works good.

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,,

I have the required authorizations.

"please create the required login "SAPSMPTestUserLogonService" manually and then try to install. "

How can i do this. where should i create this service?

Thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

you need to ask your domain administrator to create the users and to add those to the sap groups (that may need to be created)

Once above is done, try to login in your machine with above credentials. If it works, the rest should be done by the sap tool

Let us know

cheers

a

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

When you are trying to re-install does it work with default "smpServiceUser" account which comes by default. Check if that works, if no go, then try to set it up manually- Go to Control Panel-> User Accounts ->Manage Accounts -> Create New Account: Give the service name which you need and give the authorizations as admin and also ask your domain admin to configure this so that the smp server can install automatically.

The Domain / Windows admin can do this for you. Also check if there is any domain name required before the user name eg: "apj\smpServiceUser"

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

it looks to me an issue with local authorizations. Are you still admin? Did you try to login with the user you wish to assign to your instance? Is it a local user or domain based?

let me know

cheers

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I have the required admin priviledges to install SAP SMP Server. It is domain based.

Thanks,

Divya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you check if all ports like 8080, 8081, 8082, 8083, 8084  are open?

e.g. nestat -na | find "8083"

What is the SMP Runtime version you are installing?

Is there any AntiVirus running on the same machine where you are installing SMP server, if yes, you can try after stopping it

any hint from log? C:/SAP/...InstallLogs/SMPInstall<date-tome>.log

Regards,

JK

PS: There is not a concrete solution for this error, it has occurred many times to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

This is the error i get from SMP log file.

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:33 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Zone identifier found:false

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:34 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Created SMPTestUserLogonService

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:34 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Deleted SMPTestUserLogonService

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:34 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:0

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:34 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, File permissions set

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:35 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:35 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err,         1 file(s) copied.

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 4.0.30319.18408

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.

bad username

1 file(s) copied.

(Aug 4, 2015 8:56:37 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, ERROR: Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.

Check  port

e.g. nestat -na | find "8083"

The above command is executed.

C:\windows\system32>netstat -na | find "8083"

C:\windows\system32>netstat -na | find "8080"

C:\windows\system32>netstat -na | find "8082"

C:\windows\system32>netstat -na | find "8081"

C:\windows\system32>netstat -na | find "8084"

These commands return nothing.

Thanks,

Divya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SMP server version?

Operating system info?

Did you try setting up a user account for SMP Windows service manually? Setting Up a User Account for the SAP Mobile Platform Windows Service - Administrator - SAP Library

Before re installation, execute

sc.exe delete SAPSMPTestUserLogonService

Regards,

JK