cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the config update frequency by default and is there a provision to change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please provide your comment on following queries.

Query 1.

What is the default frequency to receive the application-configuration update? i.e. After how much time application will receive the pushed configuration.

Is this configurable?

Query 2.

In case, when device is not connected to the network while configuration is updated on SAP Afaria console,

after how much time application will receive the changed configuration when device gets reconnected to the network?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Pooja,

What device type are we dealing with here?  If iOS the default schedule to push policies, is on enrollment and once a day at midnight if you have the schedules turned on.  It is configurable on the server > configuration >server >schedule tab.  iOS apply policies.  I would caution about making this too often as you can overload your server.

When a device checks in, and I am assuming iOS here, it ill go to the APNS server and tell it that it has policies to apply and apply them.  Generally this is a matter of minutes.

Tracy Barkley

Sr. Technical Support Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does server > configuration >server >schedule tab is not available for trial account?

I,m not able to find Schedule tab .

Thanks

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Pooja,

in cloud environments, these settings are not available.

Tracy