cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad not capturing location data while creating notifications in WM6.2 on SMP 3.0

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While creating notifications in WM6.2 on SMP 3.0, the ipad is not capturing location data(latitude,longitude).This functionality is working fine in WM5.3.

We are using ipad with iOS8 version and Agentry Client v70.6.2.4.

Kindly suggest.Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Hi. Based on your statement above "While creating notifications in WM6.2 on SMP 3.0, the ipad is not capturing location data(latitude,longitude).This functionality is working fine in WM5.3.

We are using ipad with iOS8 version and Agentry Client v70.6.2.4."

the above comments clearly states that it is working in Work Manager 5.3. In this version of Work Manager when we compared it to Work Manager 6.2, the field or notification does not come with rules to display latitude or longtitude.

This simply means that your Work Manager 5.3 is fully customized to have a notification that displays latitude/longtitude. 

My best respond to you is to export your Work Manager 5.3 from the editor and do a comparison with the Work Manager 6.2 notification screen or rules (to see if your customization can be imported). When you determined that there is a difference, try to copy or integrate the feature (rules to calculate latitude and longtitude) to you Work Manager 6.2.

This Notification longtitude and latitude is not built-in Work Manager 6.2. It will take your consulting team to add it in as a customization. It is simply a rule that is use in your notification screen to populate it with the values.

As with some of my colleagues above stated, the latitude or longtitude works for their version.

Hope this helps,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Configuration panel setting for location.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Due to some changes in iOS 8 with respect to the location service the client needed to be updated.  I don't recall exactly which version included those fixes and I would suggest testing with the latest version available on the app store (70.9.1.3).

--Bill

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have installed the latest version of Agnetry Client.Still the iPad is not capturing location data.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I have created custom properties to capture latitude,longitude in Notification object/ Notification add transaction.But when creating notifications, location data is not captured in device.But when i have created notification from object list, location data is captured in Notification notes screen.I have added the similar properties in custom transaction created while adding notification from object list.

Location values are not captured while creating standalone notifications.Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

Check the Action and Transaction what it does when you are creating the notification with the existing application and compare what you add . Set a debug in the transaction and do a transmit .Hope this will help you to understand the existing steps and compare with your customization.

Thanks,

Ranjoy.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Are you displaying those properties or just capturing them as part of the transaction?

I did a test on my iPad and have a transaction that is capturing lat / long and the coordinates are displayed when I open the transaction as expected. 

--Bill

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am capturing this properties in transaction Notification Add and displaying them in notification notes screen.I think when creating standalone notifications, may be these values are not captured in transaction.But when I have verified, the same properties are mapped while creating notifications from object list(where location values are captured).Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

You need to check and make sure you added the properties to the correct Notification Add transaction.  There are some 12 different add scenarios.  Could it be you added them to one of the transactions but a different one is actually being called in this case?

--Bill

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We have added the properties to correct transaction.But not sure why the location values are not captured.We have any possibility to inspect transaction in ATE.I have checked but could not able to navigate through test environment screens.

Kindly suggest.Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You really need to test this on the device since you are targeting iOS, checking if location capture worked in the ATE won't really prove it working one way or the other since it isn't on the real device.

If you aren't already I would add additional fields to the transaction screen to display the location field and your lat / long with update rules to confirm the values.

--Bill

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Please post details about your location capture definitions.  I am capturing lat/long on iPad using 70.9.x client.  On 70.8.x I too was having trouble against iOS 8.x.  Screen shots of your transaction properties and action would be helpful for us to suggest.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Now i could able to capture location values in Agentry Client v70.9.1.3 on iOS Version 8.4.But the definitions are not capturing the values in Agentry v70.7.2.3 on iOS 8.4.1.I have added three properties Latutude,Longitude,Location.For location property, I have defined Current Location.For latitude and longitude transaction properties, defined rule before data entry that captures current location property.

Used the function GPS_Location.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

There were changes needed in the Agentry client to work correctly with the location capture in iOS 8.  You will need to upgrade to the newer client for it to work.

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill and Jason,

For this issue can you review: SMPAGENTRY-5843 if it is related?

It may be related to a known platform issue tied to iOS IPAD client (GPS coordinates are inconsistently available on iOS).

If you two agree then this is a known platform issue and currently the fix is in the pipeline (~SP10 SDK or higher).

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mark,

The customer did not attach an export to their ticket so there is no way to verify if this issue is related or not as we have no visibility to the specific steps they are taking.

--Bill