cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official SAP Lumira maintenance/release schedule?

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

i am looking for an official SAP Lumira maintenance / release schedule. What are the plans from SAP to release SAP Lumira 1.28, 1.29,.. and the overall maintenance strategy like Support Packs every 3 month, Patches every 4 weeks,..?

I thought i saw it somewhere on the SCN, but i couldn't find it and also it is not mentioned here: Schedules for maintenance deliveries (Support Packages and Support Package Stacks) | SAP Support Por...

(I am not looking for the Lumira Road Map ;-))

Thanks & BR,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

here's my unofficial understanding, being a SAP internal:

Lumira was operating on a 6-8 week release cycle between "SPs" .

this has now slowed into H2 2015, and I believe we can expect 2 further SP this year, maybe 3. 

Regards,

H

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thanks for the reply. Sounds similar to what i heard from other resources. I hope 1.28 will be released soon and there will be improvements regarding Lumira BIP.

Do you know if SAP is working on a Mac OS X version? The idea (Get Lumira on the Mac : View Idea) was accepted a year ago. But since then there is no update or comment from SAP.

BR,

Michael

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I think we can add a few more details - hope I don't get in trouble with Henry. However, please do note that any info re. release time tables is very highly in the "give or take" time continuum and things happen that can affect the timelines severely.

Lumira 1.28, ETA: end of August, beginning of September

Lumira 1.29, ETA: November +

That gives you about a three month release cycle, but like i said, things change and the cycle could be changed to a six month cycle or other at the blink of an eye...

As far as Mac OS X version, see the Idea in the SAP Idea Place:

Get Lumira on the Mac : View Idea

(Comment from Aug. 7 by Sharon Om - PM for Lumira)

It does not give you a timeline, but it does give a bit of encouraging info.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

A bit more info from Program Management re. Mac OS X.

PM reports that currently there is no timeline and there are priorities that would push out support for MAC past the next six + months. E.g.; I would not expect this to be there until the latter half of 2016, if that. Though again, things change fast. I find that much like rules, priorities are there to be broken...

- Ludek

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thank you for the insight!

I am left wondering what other priorities SAP has? If i check the Lumira Ideas, Mac OS X is on rank 3 (excluding delivered ideas). So why then should customers use the IdeaPlace, when accepted ideas will not be delivered? 😉

We have many customers who would instantly buy/use Lumira for OS X.

BR,

Michael

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Unfortunately, I do not have much of an insight into those priorities and I suspect even if I did, it would not be possible to share those - competition and all that...

From this: We have many customers who would instantly buy/use Lumira for OS X.

I take it you are a reseller or you have some other connection to SAP(?). It may be better to discuss this there, rather than with support(?).

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forgot one source of publicly available info re what is being worked on:

Lumira Road map  

Answers (0)