Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dangerous goods master creation

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I have a requirement to create dg master directly without maintaining specification database . I have an excel load file for this . Let me know if I can use lsmw or custom program or do I have to go back and create Un listed substance , dg classification and assign it to real sub and do filling ? Please let me know .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

there is "only" one way of upload (by standard): you need to use ALE IDOC for generating the DG master data. I can not recommend to do so. You need to understand the basic DG master data set up (e.g. you need phrases etc.). As LSMW can generate ALE IDOCs you can use this approach. Topic is discussed very rarely here. I don't know one SAP customer who has used this approach. Most of them use as basis SAP EHS BD and do generate the DG master data.

Check e.g.: Distribution (ALE) of Dangerous Goods Master Records - Dangerous Goods Management (EHS-DGP) - SAP Li...

Distribution (ALE) of Exceptions to Dangerous Goods Regulations - Dangerous Goods Management (EHS-DG...

C.B:

PS: it is nearly not possible (or with very !!! big efforts) to the go back from this scenario to the standard one (SAP EHS BD).

PPS: you need first to do set up of phrases as mentioned: If you don't use SAP EHS BD then once again you need to use "ALE" to create the phrases (and I have no clue how you would like to upload the needed translations (e.g. in europe: lot of  languages...)

One of the rare exampled about IDOC:

As well   

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Can dg master data be created with lsmw also or filling is the only technique ? I was trying to see more options in maintaining dg master data other than filling technique . Also how often do we use data editor for creating master data in waste management module ? any idea

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

as mentioned in my answer: For DG master data you have as technique "ALE" in plac. And LSMW can generate an IDCO. So LSMW is a potential technique.Also I have described the needed set up etc. to do so. I have never ever heard about one company who has used this approach. Anybody seems to use filling approache (using data from EHS-BD).

Regarding:

Also how often do we use data editor for creating master data in waste management module ?

if we talk about "OCC and forget about old Data editor solution from TechniData: I have never ever heard about somebody using this technique for generating master data for Waste Management module. MOst companies I would assume do it manual.

C.B.