cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Record Inspection Result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys I already cross-posted this in a previous discussion (message number 16047078 ) and re-posting as a new discussion thread on advice. We have a mature system and I've been setting up calibration inspections for a while except on this occasion, it doesn't fully work. My orders have been released with inspection Lot assigned. However, when recording result, QE51N 'Result Recording Screen' appears instead of 'Record Results: Characteristic overview'. I can find the lot in QA32 but when I try to record result within that transaction I get the message 'No characteristics found'. I've checked and triple-checked all aspects - MICs, sampling procedure, Task List, validity dates, etc. and have even recreated the plans to no avail. There are no authorisation issues as I have the highest authorisation level within the business - I'm the system owner/manager. I've also run SU53 to be on the safe side. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for your input. Yinka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yinka,

I do not if this would help you. But,

• Can you check the 'key date' in "Inspec. Specification" tab in QA03 for your lot.

It so happens that, if this inspection date is some date in the past (way back) and you have recently created Inspection characteristics, then the system will not show your lot in QE51N.

If possible can you post here the valid date of your Inspection Operations and the key date of the inspection lot !!

Praveen.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, key date should not impact whether a lot is displayed in QE51n.  It should only impact the selection of the inspection plan.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen

The task list are all the same aside from key dates - which obviously should be different since they were created on different days.

Still the T/List with today as key date works with the same MICs I used in the T/List that was causing troubling.

It's really a head-scratching conundrum really.

I guess I'm going to have to recreate all the 4 task lists again.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Yinka

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the task list, in the header, did you verify that "free inspection points" hasn't been turned on?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig

We don't even have this option available in our system.

Plus it's important that consider that we have over 50 calibration inspection task lists that are set up in the same way, why are only this new set behaving differently - in fact I used copy function to create them as new versions.

I similarly used existing MIC's as copy reference for the new MICs making suitable changes later. It just doesn't make sense and have spent considerable amount of time to troubleshoot it since last week.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks

Yinka

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we get this type of message when the MICs are not assigned in the task list and subsequently to the inspection lot. Could you please check in display mode whether the lot has MICs. It could happen that (I am doing guess work here!) the task list is created without MICs, then the lot was created and afterwards the MICs were assigned in to the task list.

Whether the status of inspection lot ins REL? You can try resetting the sample using QAC3 and assign the fresh task list again if the calibration lot allows to do so.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand

Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately, that's not the case as you can see from the below screenshots:

I've also already tried the sample resetting before and creating a new test plan - all to no avail.

Cheers

Yinka

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yinka,

I rephrase Anand's statement.

Please can you confirm -

a) If assignment of MIC in Maintenance Task List has been done, before the Inspection lot "14" is generated. I mean while these task list is scheduled, at that time what was the status?

b) If you try to replicate the same scenario now (As MIC's are already maintained), release maintenance plans, schedule calibration orders to get ILAS status. Then go to QE51N and check if it's still same or not?

c) Also please confirm if this is happening for all maintenance task lists or for some specific task lists? Problem is happening for all calibration plants or for some specific plants?

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arijit

a) The process I followed was:

- MIC's created and released - always conscious of validity dates,

- T/List created with MICs assignment,

- test plans created with T/List assignment,

- test plans scheduled,

- test order released with inspection lot,

- then I tried to add calibration results.

No deviations.

BTW, all of this still in QA. I haven't proceeded to PRD until I figure out what's going on.

b) I've tried this as I said with exactly the same result.

c) All other T/Lists are fine except this new set.

Thanks for your time.

Yinka

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether the sampling procedure type suits to the inspection point? Difficult to figure it out as you have already run all the required checks! But I think there is something that is not normal with this specific task list as you are saying that you don't face any issues for other task lists. I also don't see this as a configuration issue either as rest of the lots are giving correct results with the same task list and order type. What info you are getting when you click on the documentation of the message you get? May be we can get some clue from there to find out what is missing. Or the other way left is, debugging the standard code (although not easy) to check what exactly is not flowing.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updates guys...

I decided to create a new test T/List from scratch (no copying) and surprise, surprise it works without problem!

That suggests some sort of date issues somewhere that I can't figure out for the time being.

I guess I should avoid using the copy function in future.

Thanks for all your input.

Yinka

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So now maybe you can use two sesssions side by side and compare the two task lists screen by screen to see differences.

The other possibility is to use SE16  with selection parameters to retrieve only these two t/Lists for al the relevant task list tables,   i.e. PLAS, PLFH, PLFL, PLKO, PLKZ, PLMK, PLPO, MAPL.

First scan them for differences in SE16.  You can also export the two records and do a comparisam in Excel.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yinka,

Looks like you have really checked many parameters normally needed to validate before you feel there are some issues. Please can you also check if the MIC assigned is Mandatory MIC or Optional MIC.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arijit

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

All our MICS have always been optional and they're all working fine except for this new set I just created.

Regards

Yinka