cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI Launchpad timeout settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I need infomation about what settings is controlling the timeout for the FIORI launchpad - i thought that it was the parameter called "http/security_session_timeout = 1800" - meaning that the launchpad is avaiable for 1800sec = 30min

- but this dosn't seam to be the case since we aint logoff af this period

Please advice me

BR

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Fiori Launchpad does not have backend sessions. It works with logon tickets that have 1800 seconds as timeout.

You can use profile parameter http/security_session_timeout to modify this.

Check here for more information:

Activating HTTP Security Session Management on AS ABAP - User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SA...

Regards

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaquin

Thanks for your answer - i'll will test this.

We are using SAML 2.0 and have a request:

Do you know if its possible have a solution where the user ONLY have to logon one time using there AD password(using SAML) and after this NEVER needs to enter there password again? (until the AD password will expire/change or until the user isn't longer active on the AD)

thanks in advance

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaquin

I have now tested this be setting the Gateways parameter through RZ11(dynamic parameter - no need for restart) to 60 sec.

I dosnt' have any effect - the user can still access the apps after 300 sec - and I havn't touch anything on the the browser in this period.

What could be wrong ? - please help me

br

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

We are experiencing the same issue. Were you able to find out a way to set the timeout parameter?

Best regards,

Rozal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rozal

We have decided to use ADFS / SAML 2.0 and this is work now - the timeout is therefore handled by the ADFS token which we have set to 4 hours.

Hope you get it solved

br

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

I want to implement security measures in order to allow only a single login at the same time of any given user and to set the auto logout feature so that the user's session on the Fiori Launchpad is closed after a specific period of time of inactivity.

You mentioned you were able to implement part of this. Since I am new to Active Directory. can you please tell me where you have set the token timeout duration? which AD version did you use?

have you also set the single user login feature or do you know how to implement it?

thank you very much

kind regards,

Jorge