cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus  ,

We are  working with  shelf life expiration date for which we maintain the Minimum remaining shelf life in material master  .

Is that possible to get the error/warning  message VL451 (The minimum remaining shelf life was fallen short of by & days ) at the  time  of
TO confirmation for all  goods movement  in WM .

Please  be updated that we already activated the shelf life expiration at warehouse level  .

Please let me know if we are missing any setting/configuration
at WM level  to get the shelf life checked at all  the  WM
processes  .

Thanks,

Regards,

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is your setting or this message in OVM1 transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen ,

Currently   for message  VL451 it is maintained as “W” ,  so I believe  message “The minimum remaining shelf life was fallen short of by & days” is only coming at the time of TO confirmation for Sales process .

Can we do it for  TO related to  GR against  PO , GR against  production order  etc   also ?

Thanks ,

Regards,

Aman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why you want this in WM, this message is already present in MM when do the Goods receipt.

Why do you need it again? And what do you plan to do based on that info? there might be other options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jurgen  ,

Actually user want  to get warning message at the time of TO confirmation also  . Can we  set this at this at storage type level may be throgh  system messages  or through configuration  .

Please suggest  .

Thanks ,

Regards,

Aman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there are other options to get this message in WM.

Such message is important if you do a goods receipt, to decide whether you accept  the material or return it to the sender.

If this information is important for you throughout the entire life cycle of you stock then you should manage the material with batches. And if you work with batches then you make use of batch determination for picking, and here you can already decide if you allow to pick outdated material or not. If not, then you wont get this batch proposed at all, you will get new batches proposed if available.

If you allowed picking, then the decision is already taken in the design phase, but SAP gave you the option with above message.

If you pick parts for own consumption then this message will not appear, again you have the option of batch determination to decide what batch you actually want.

And you should make use of regular shelf life monitoring with inspections via QA07 , which means that you then either post the stock into blocked stock or you extend the shelf life.

If you are pro-active then you do not need these messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen  ,

Thanks for the update

Actually we are working with batches only &  as per current  setting we are getting  Warning message (VL451) at the time of  TO confirmation when shelf life of  batches expired,  but
only when  TO  related to  delivery  . As checked & found that when we assign the batches at the time of delivery creation & if  shelf life has  been expired  then also its gives warning message- VL203 ,  in VL01N/VL02N  . But the same things  doesn’t happened in any other process  .

Only at the time of Delivery, we have double check  both at IM level & WM level  it but doesn’t happened for  other  process .

User wanted to get the same message for all the other TO’S  .

Thanks ,

Regards,

Aman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The shelf life expiration date check is controlled by customizing in OMJ5.

Here you define per MM movement how the check is performed.

I am not aware of any customizing that can do this for WM TOs

except what is written in KBA 1772493 - Batch check in the WM during the transfer order confirmation (manual entering of batches)

And even here SAP confirms that those checks are not foreseen in WM in standard.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are unfortunately no standard settings for what you want to achieve, just as Jurgen said.
I already had this request from one customer and had to implement as a user exit.
I set it up hardcoded by a movement type, for relocations (999), replenishment, etc, just didnt implement for pick for delivery/SO since it already has that check by standard.

I used exit MWMTO002, I'm sure it's easy to implement a message in that exit.

Regards,
Mihailo