Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll RT Error

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your opinion.

I am running payroll on demand. Everything is perfect in RT Except Rate.

Days    Rate    Amount

73.61    60.82   4476.96

But system showing the wrong rate. How to rectify that rate.

Regards

Jazib Tariq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How WT8050 is generating?

Are you calling through wage type 1050? Check once the generation steps of thr WT8050 in the payroll log.

Regards,

Sankarsan

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sankarsan,

As i checked on Payroll Log. System generate 2 time items in payroll log. Days calculation is perfect 73.61 but for rate, we want 60.82 not sumup.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means there have a split in the WPBP table and this wage type's PC05 is maintained as 0.

You can do this way.

After RT table generation write a below PCR for the same to update the RTE value of the wage type.

ZUPD

ADDWTE*

RTE= 8060

RTE/2

ADDWTE8060

insert with PRT function.

Check and let me know the result.

Regards,

Sankarsan

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Immediate reply. Kindly guide where should i insert in my PCR. Exact Place.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the function SORT RT line in the payroll schema.

Regards,

Sankarsan

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly do last Favor . Kindly share screen shot for the above PCR as well.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards,

Sankarsan

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run payroll with log.

Check how/where the wage type is being output with  double the rate.

I don't believe Rate should be divided by 2.  If the w/t 8060 is being created with PRT from two entries of w/t 8050, then each time the w/t 8060 is created with ADDWT, it will add rate, number & amt.

I would suggest

1)creating 8060 when you process IT with PIT.  For this purpose, call with PIT the PCR creating 8060 before the w/t 8050 is added to RT.  This should resolve the problem.

2)Alternatively, in the PCR,  if the rate is filled, use ADDNA else use ADDWT.  See below:

D    WGTYP=8060  RTE?0

*               WGTYP=*        ADDNA 8060

=              WGTYP=*        ADDWT 8060     

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

I already attached above screen shot for the Payroll Log.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the log for the relevant PCR's (where w/t 8060 is being created) with input, processing and output.

As I can see from the first log, the w/t 8060 is created after removing the split.  Hence the amt, number and rate are added to.  This is the reason for the doubling of rate.  The rate would be added as many times as you add to IT or RT.  If you have say, 3 splits in WPBP, then the rate would be 3 times.

Hence I would suggest again using ADDWT if rate is not filled; if the rate has a value, use ADDNA.

See examples in PCR's X015, X016, X115.  The PCR can be used with PIT before the w/t is added to RT.   Change the PCR as below.

PCR  XXXX  */8050

D    ADDWT *     ELIMI *         WGTYP=8060    RTE?0

*                WGTYP=*    ADDNA 8060       

=               WGTYP=*    ADDWT 8060

Message was edited by: Jagan Gunja

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be better to reset the Rate according to a WT that will always hold the correct Rate at that point in the schema, as you may sometimes have only one split or many splits.

Look in the Input Table before or after the Rate of WTs 8050, 8060 and 8061 gets doubled (and you may also want to look at the Rate of WT 9105), and look if you can find a Technical WT (such as /001) that holds the Rate.  You can transfer that Rate into a temporary variable (in a pcr processing WT /001 and using operations ZERO=&RTE1 ADDWT&RTE1).  Then, you'll be able to use that temporary variable to reset the Rate of the WTs after the point where they "double-up" (using operation RTE=& RTE1).

Note that if there can be more than one Rate in a Payroll Period, then you may need to query the split and create more than one temporary variables, such as RTE1, RTE2, RE3, etc...

jazib_tariq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jugan,

The rate has amount also. Kindly show the exact picture of PCR and where should i place in SCHEMA.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not ask others to do all your work as you won't learn that way.

Where to place a PCR in a Schema depends on where the problem happens.

In this case, WT 8050 exists twice in the Input Table at some point in the Schema, and through a PCR, both lines are being combined into one.  Try to find that spot.

Once you have identified where the Rate gets "doubled" or "tripled" (depending on how many lines a WT has, you will have 2 choices of where to insert a PCR to correct the problem;  before the spot where the problem happens (through a PCR that will keep the Rate only for the first occurrence of the WT) or after the spot where the problem happens (through a PCR that will restaure the Rate to it's appropriate level).

Note that your tests should include a mid-period Rate change, such a Rate of 60,82 for the first part of the Payroll Period and a Rate of 61,67 for the last part of the Payroll Period.  Note that in some cases, a change in the WT's parameters (such as the value for a Processing Class, hinted by Sankarsan) can solve the problem.