cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caling Web Sevice-SAP PI-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to create a PI interface that call a web service ( That is not SOAP) using an URL.The result of this call is a CSV file.( That I have to put in a directory).

Could you please tell me how could I resolve this problem.

Cordialy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mou,

If the requirement is to pull the data from webservice,You can configure Soap adapter with AXIS protocol.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

Try to reduce your problem in several steps.

First of all talk with your basis team about you are figuring out two possible solutions. They must confirm that the PI reaches the endpoint where the file is. If it is possible the can install the axis libraries for the first option.

Meantime, you can try to call a soap channel from a mapping, try with an easy URL, for example a PI one from the own system. In this call, you set all the possible traces to know what is happen is every moment. If the call is successful, try then to use the URL with the file.

In the Integration Builder I have no Idea how could I make it work.

You only need to create an usual communication channel, using the SOAP. Another similar link

Also, you can wait for another SCN member suggestion

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mou,

You can get the file with Axis adapter, as Michal explains in his blog and to have the file adapter as the endpoint.

May be the easiest way, if you have not install the Axis libraries in your PI, is to access to the URL via mapping as Raj explains here

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We can't use an URL directly in the mapping , because we have diffrent envirement, and the URL should be different.Thing that we could do with no problem in integration Builder.

I need also what is the event that will make a request to the Web service and then geting the file.

Thx

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

We can't use an URL directly in the mapping , because we have diffrent envirement, and the URL should be different.

You don't need to hardcode the URL on the mapping, you can get the name of the channel form the ID, as this Rodrigo's blog explains

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quiq response.

So in the ESB I should have mapping between the two structures request and response that should be the same.

In the Integration Builder I have no Idea how could I make it work.

Could you help me please