cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver jdbc design

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did around fifteen intewrfaces and all have receiver jdbc communication channel.

we are using same receiver jdbc com channel for all interfaces, is it fine? all are working fnee as of now

again, I am doing insert operation in all intrerfaces.

So the client said they need some interfaces to be updated with data. I am using update_insert in those but then I need a key field right?

The client is saying they can't give ey fields in some tables. I think it's not possible to do update_insert in tables without key field right?

ithe metadata of able shows primarykey=false, so is it possible to update those tables by any way?

some tables like salary_details need multiple records for each employee, so I can use only insert operation here, right? if I use update_insert, it will save only last data, right?

when should i use UPDATE alone? how its different from UPDATE_INSERT?

can i use UPDATE in tables without primary key using stored procedures or any work around?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Midhun,

action=UPDATE_INSERT

The statement has the same format as for the UPDATE action. Initially, the same action is executed as for UPDATE. If no update to the database table can be made for this action (the condition does not apply to any table entry), values of the table described in the <access> element are inserted in accordance with the description of the action INSERT. <key> elements are ignored in this case.

If you do not define the <key>element, or if you define an empty <key> element, this means that no condition is specified and that the entire table is to be changed. If you want to ensure this does not happen, select Key Tags Mandatory in the adapter configuration.

If you have not formulated a condition in the <key> elements, but have selected Key Tags Mandatory, this results in an error in message processing with a corresponding error output.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/7b6d32fde93673e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Regards,prasanth