cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data uploading after Simple Finance updataion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently my client are in SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 for some Business Units but there are other Business Units where other ERP is still working.  We are migrating from other ERP to SAP for those business units.

We are planning to go live on December 2015 & and to upload the balances we are using IDOC, BAPI & for Assets we are using LSMW.

But management also wants to implement Simple Finance for all the company codes before go live (December 2015), so my question is, is there any impact of Simple Finance in IDOC, BAPI & LSMW for data uploading?

we are using the account based COPA which is the prerequisite for Simple Finance.

If yes, then kindly let me know what all are the changes that we needs to be done. 

Thank you

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Interesting question, but I am not completely clear on what you are planning to do,

Also are you going for Sfin 1503 on premise/ Sfin 2.0  or are you using Sfin 1.0

From the post I think there are two route you may be talking about:-

Option 1- Migrate all Company to EHP7 and then upgrade to Sfin 2.0

If you are using Simple Finance 2.0 then the balances are moved as part of the migration steps.

So technically your company codes should be in the SAP system and then you can upgrade / install Simple Finance.

Option 2- Migrate to Sfin 2.0 and then upload the company codes from Non SAP

I think you are looking for option where you upload the balance for the company code once you are already in Simple Finance system. All the modes you have mentioned- Bapi, Idoc and LSMW, all works and there are not major technical change on Master data creation side.

But in this approach there are a lot of possibility of errors ( my guess )

Also check blog by  Arnaud

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishab for your valuable feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome Pankaj, If this help, please close this thread

Regards

Rishab