Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Automatic transport to PRD once Successfully Tested

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me try and explain my requirements....

We have configured ZMCR (RFC) and 2 Change Documents ZMMJ (Std Change) and ZMHF (Urgent Change) to support the change control process for my client.

My client now has a requirement that when the Change Document is set to status 'Successfully Tested' they require the transport to be automatically imported to the PRD system bypassing the status 'Authorised for Production' and once imported to PRD the Change Document is set to 'Imported to Production'

Can this be achieved through the use of ZMHF (Urgent Changes) and if so can you please advise on how this could be achieved? Do we need to configure a new Change Document type to support this process?

We have configured the Preliminary Import user statuses in ChaRM to support this process in the ZMHF (Urgent Change) change document type.

Regards,

Gary B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187014
Participant

Rishav/Prakhar,

Many thanks for the suggestions this is exactly what we are looking for!!

I will try this in the Development system and update this thread with the results (hopefully positive!!)

Thread closed

Gary B

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Best of luck, Please keep us posted and please close this thread.

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any progress ?

Regards

Rishav

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

What impact will this have on the transport? Will this move the transport into PRD outside of the Maintenance Cycle?

Regards

Gary B

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

Urgent change will move to production system irrespective of the maintenance cycle as they follow its own maintenance cycle. so you should be very carefull here while doing this. Also there are two strategies for the task list SAP 0 and SAP1 with which you can remove the transport once imported into production in order to avoid the further movement. You will assign this while you are creating maintenance cycle/task list of project.

There is one more check you can implement or you can try, status dependent import and it will import the changes only when the status is succesfully tested.

But I will recommend if you are doing any type of customizations like this it should be thouroughly tested in the test system first.

Please find below links for same and see if you can utilize that

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/61/e7f3c065a54a7db584e22936d8e97e/content.htm

Please post me if you had further queries.

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the assigned actoins for the same and yes then you can change the status automitically to "Imported into production" via below report.

SE38-> CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT

Schedule it as background job with the appropriate variant.

Assign action IMPORT_PROD to the E0004 status and try if it worked for you.

SPRO->Charm->Change request mangement framework->Make settings for transaction types.

Regards

Rishav