cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: deletion of Views from production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to delete some of the existing attribute, Analytic and Calculation views in production system.

Could you please suggest how this can be done.

I believe we cannot capture deletion activity form development system the way we do in SAP BW system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

how do you deploy your views at the moment from development to production?

To transport/deploy your changes/deletions from development to production you have several options:

- If you work with Delivery Units you can export them from your development system and import them on the required target systems.

- If you use HANA Application Lifecycle Management you can use native HANA transports or CTS+ integration. With that options you can decide if you wanna transport whole delivery units or just your changes (to recognize only changes the Change Manager has to be activated).

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

We deploy our changes from Dev to production by using delivery units.

I my case I don't what to deploy new changes, I would like to delete the existing views in productions.

Can we capture deletions in delivery units ?

Regards,

Venkat

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if do you a new export of your delivery unit after the deletion and import it to your target system the deletion is applied to the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian,

I got it.

So first I have to delete the views in development and then re-deploy the package to production.

This package redeployment will delete the unwanted views form production.

Thanks again

Answers (0)