cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM shopping cart offline approval process

0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our client has already implemented SRM 7. HSopping cart offline approval using BRF.Till now they are approving it from UWL.

The clent  requirement now is to implement offline approval  workflow.

I see there is a custom program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND   to sedn offline approval emails. But i see in SAP help portal this program can be used only for Header level approval. It would be great if you could please  let me know  how can i do  offline approval of Shopping cart at item level.

At this point of time, i simply need the item level approval of srm shopping cart from outlook.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The following Wiki page should explain how to configure Offline Approval correctly:

Offline approval - general configuration - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

If you still have trouble after viewing this page let us know.

Regards,

Alan Kelly

0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes i saw this link , but  when i see the link Offline Approval - Application-Controlled Workflows - SAP Library which is SRM7 help portal for offline approval, it clearly says that, IF you approve the shopping cart at item level from the offline email (Approve or reject buttons), then  it will be applied to entire decision set. Please read the below paragraph from help portal.

The approver can use a link to log on to the system directly and process the work item online. Depending on the settings made in report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND, the e-mail can also contain two pushbuttons used to approve or reject offline. The decision then applies to the entire decision set, that is, the approver cannot decide individually for each item. When the approver chooses one of the pushbuttons, the system sends a reply e-mail.

But my client needs offline approval of shopping cart at item level, could you please guide me.

it would be great if you could please leave me your contact number.

Regards,

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Ah I see now that it's application controlled workflow that you are using, unfortunately in this case only header level approval can be done through offline approval, the user will have to log on to the system to approve at item level.

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

Sorry, i am not using application controlled workflow, rather iam using process controlled workflow using BRF.

DO you mean the  Sap Statement , which says that item level can only be possible is valid only for Application controlled workflow?

Do you mean that if we schedule the jobs /SAPSRM/OFFLINE APPROVAL SEND and RRB*EVAL.  we can also approve item level for process controlled workflows?

Regards,

raju

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raju

I understand your concern . The program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND is actually a sample released by SAP and if there is no custom requirment you could just use the program AS IS .

however since you would like to change , Please copy the standard program and make changes in program or BADI which the program uses .. BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI

it basically uses this BADI and will automatically modify the inputs .

You need to basically debug and sit with a technical consultant to understand where to do these changes . You can incorporate a adobe form as well for approval or can go with the buttons for each line depending on how the client requirment is .

After the changes are done . Stop the standard batch job for this program and get a new batch job to run for your custom program .

Refer link below

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI+-+Changing+the+standard+offline+approv...

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thanks you for your inputs.

But basically what i mean to say is, by using standard [rogram

The Offline approval (approval from the outlook ) is possible at the decision set Level. The Decision Set may contain  One or more items, If the Approver Approves /Rejects the shopping cart from the Offline approval email , then his/her Decision applies to the entire Decision set.

Which means that If the decision set contains multiple line items then All the items in the decision set get Approved/rejected respectively.

My requirement is that, if the approver wants to partially reject the decision set ( i Mean, if he wants to reject some item in the decision set,)  he cant do it offline approval.

So it would be great if you could provide some information on how to do it.

The badi whcih you have provided is for email customisation realted thing, i see from badi we can not control partial decsion of items.

regards

Raju

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

partial decision (mix decision of approval/rejection items) for offline approval is not available in SRM standard.

If you want to have this functionality, you need custom developments.

One possible scenario could be:

1- manage decision link creation (FORM decision_links in report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND), in order to create a third decision link with new text where approver will set (with a flag) his decision for each item after clicking onto this specific decision hyper-link and before sending decision mail,

2- manage e-mail data extraction (EMAIL_DATA_EXTRACT method from /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND class) in order to get decision for each item,

3- manage decision for each item of the decision set instead of setting a whole decision for decision set of items (inside PROCESS_DECISION method from /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPPINBOUND class) using SET_ITEM_DECISION method from /SAPSRM/Cl_WF_ASV_FACADE_V20 class instead of SET_DECISION method as done by SAP standard.

It should work: you can check it.

Regards.

Laurent.

0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for you rreply,

But teh Decsiion_links will only be triggered while your selction on the report/SAPSRM/OFFLINEaPPROVALsEnD is selcted as LINKS. In whcih case teh approver gets coonected to SAP and approve.

It is not clear to me, could you please eloborate.

Regards,

Nataraj