ICR and Simple Finance
Please assist with these questions in the context of S/4 HANA Simple Finance system.
#1: Process 002
- Is SPL table group FBICRC002 still required for local companies or is data read from ACDOCA?
- Do we still need table group FBICRC002 for non-local systems, i.e. companies where data is uploaded or read from remote systems?
- Assuming answer to a) is it reads from ACDOCA. When we have additional fields added to process 002 and are currently filling them with a SPL field movement (or BADI FB_ICRC_002) then how are they populated? Do we still actually require table group FBICRC002 to support this with different sender and receiver ledgers defined in FBIC010?
#2: There are some SAP marketing documents that imply the data selection (FBICS*) and assignment (FBICA*) programs do not need to be run.
- Data is read directly by FBICR* programs. Is this the really the case? What if we need to use BADI’s to enhance the process, in this case would we actually still need to use the selection and assignment programs?
- Data is read directly by FBICR* programs. Does this imply that a user needs to run the auto assignment function for every business partner relationship in FBICR* programs, by a user selecting the relevant rule(s)?
@Ralph Stadter please assist.
Ralph Stadter replied
Re #1) Currently process 002 has not changed yet. Data is still collected in a SPL for table group FBICRC002. The plan is to eventually enable process 002 to also read directly from ACDOCA - however, nothing will change to the ICR process unless you change the data transfer type. Basically reading directly from the primary will be another option. But this won't be disruptive.
Re #2) I'm not sure what material you are referring to. Currently only AP/AR reconciliation is set up in a way that you can skip FBICS3 and FBICA3. When a user chooses an object group (like "Open Items") in the navigation tree, the program recognizes whether any items are new to the process. If there are new items, automatic assignment is processed for this data package (line items contained in the object group for the chosen company and partner.
However, just as mentioned above, nothing changes just because you perform an upgrade. You have additional options which you can activate if this meets your requirements. If not, you can simply ignore this and keep the process running the way it has been established.
The plan is to also enable one-step-reconciliation for GL open items and GL accounts. However, there is no definite timeline for this yet.
Hope this is what you were looking for,
P.S.: Even with the one-step-reconciliation the tables of the ledger group are still used to store information. ACDOCA does not know "Document Group Numbers", "ICR Record Type", "Communication Status", ...