cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM - My Task change the description

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts- Description to change with the new description which is restricted to 40 chars, can anybody help me to know where I need to go and change the description of the MyOpenTask in the home page of the CIC webui.

As this is a work flow task I need to go amend the description.

If we want to go more then 40 then is there a kind of enhancement.

Regards

Vani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

The Description belongs to table CRMD_ORDERADM_H, a table which is used everywhere in the SAP CRM Solution. Changing the length would not be an option.

The SAP Standard approach would be to add Notes to the Task to capture any additional information you required against the task.

Regards

Arden

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Arden, highly appreciated, but where is this lies I mean to say If I want to change its description which is accommodating 40 chars, where should I change it.

Is this coming from the description entered in the task or this is through the configuration, as when the task is getting created this is appearing on the home page of my open task of the user.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

I'd imagine it is getting populated from the process which is creating the Task. Are they created Manually or Automatically?

Regards

Arden

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

This is automatically populated, can you please advise.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

Do you know what process is creating them?

Are they generated from a Action driven process?

Regards

Arden

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden - they are created through the work flows and this will get displayed on the HOME PAGE of WEBUI in the Open task block.

This is something Hard coded description where when you create the quote from service request this will get created and populated in the home page as mentioned in the OPEN TASK block.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani.

You'll need to get a developer to debug this process to determine at which point the description.

As this is a process on your system I cannot specifically say where the issue is.

Regards

Arden

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arden - but this is something I believe everybody have done in there requirement when you trigger a workflow task which will be appearing for the user on his home page so as the user can take the necessary action to perform the task.

Therefore if we want to change the description of the task which is getting created when the user creates a task from the follow up.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

These processes do not just work without either a Functional or Technical Consultants involvement.

Someone put this process in place.

You need to find this out.

Regards

Arden

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arden, I was trying to find out but failed that is the reason I have posed this question. Please find the screen shot.

I am digging it out to understand the trigger of work flow and how to change the description if this is hard coded or defined in the description of request.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

I'd recommend speaking with the users of the system.

They are most likely triggering something which results in this task being generated.

Each system is unique Vani, there are some things that the SCN community cannot help with other than to provide guidance on where to look.

You can also look to running a trace via either ST01 or ST05 to see what programs are being run, you maybe able to locate a custom program in this process which would help.

Regards

Arden

former_member202474
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

You can change the description from the web ui component CRMCMP_GS_WC-> view CRMCMP_GS_WC->Todays Tasks for MY open tasks.

Regards,

Ruby.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruby

You're suggesting changing a component in order to change the Description of a One Order Object Transaction?

Regards

Arden

Answers (0)