Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot exchange revenue

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there is any way to know my Profit and losses from currency trading without the Derived business transactions.

I'm using only the Spot exchange and if i checked (translate to local currency check box) in Forex attributes, there will be no Profit and loss created.

so how to know my profit and loss from currency trading.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check the same in TPM13 also

jasmine_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

You may try with TPM1 for the unrealized valuation.

Best regards,

Jasmine

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jasmine Le,

Thanks for your respond, appreciated.

for the Spot valuation its happening in the same day so how can i use TPM1 in this case.

Thanks,

Ahmed Samir

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jasmine,

your feedback is highly appreciated, how to use TMP1 Tto know my revenue and loss from currency tranding while i'm only using spot exchange with value date in the same date.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jasmine,

your feedback is highly appreciated, how to use TMP1 Tto know my revenue and loss from currency tranding while i'm only using spot exchange with value date in the same date.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

jasmine_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Would you please provide an example ?

I tested in our internal system, rate valuation has been defined in position management procedure:

1) value date 2015.09.17, contract date 2015.09.17, in this case, execute TPM1 with key date 2015.09.17, system cannot select the position as it has been closed with this date.

2) value date 2015.09.21, contract date 2015.09.17, TPM1 can be executed with key date 2015.09.17~2015.09.20.

From customizing table TCURL, the spot days can be defined for the currency pair, if it is initial, then the default spot days would be 2 days.

If the value date and contract date are the same date just like case 1), maybe you can try with BADI 'TPM_TRL_MANIPULATE'  to do some adjustment to recognize profit and loss.

Sorry that I cannot provide a positive answer.

Best regards,

Jasmine