Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security concept in SAPUI5 From frontend

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Can you please guide me with the security concept which can be implemented from front end perspective.

I have went to the demo kit but could not find out very  good example.

I will appreciate if any one help me with some examples.

Regards,

Vikash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What specific security concepts are you referring to?

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

i need the explanation of how to use Cross Site Scripting and if possible please mention some examples in a piece of code that can be implemented in the frontend of an sapui5 application.

Best Regards,

Vikash

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you either

• need to deploy your UI5 code to the same environment as your backend data comes from (NetWeaver, Gateway, etc), or
  • you need some kind of proxy on the environment where you deploy your UI5 aplication which can access the data from another location, or
  • if you're using Kapsel/Cordova for hybrid mobile applications, the container has some means to solve that
former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

Deploying our sapui5 application to the bacjend SAP server gives you a security which I know..can you give me some information on the frontend perspective..like the cross site scripting or whitelist.

The theory I got but I am not getting any such example to implement them

Regards,

Vikash

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still not sure what you mean... if your frontend code runs on a different server than your backend system, you need some kind of proxy/servlet/logic so your web server can access the backend server.

Can you elaborate a bit more on your landscape?

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Please help me with the sapui5 security.

I mean how to implement the  below mentioned security features in sapui5 applications:

Session Handling,

Authorization handling,

Encryption.

Best Regards,

Vikash

seVladimirs
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikash,

There is lots of content on these topics already posted to SCN - have you tried searching?

Cheers,

G.

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I have checked the links but i didn't found out any good examples.

I went through the Demo Kit as well as some of the stack flows links but could not get any good examples.

Best Regards,

Vikash

Answers (0)