Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles and Authorizations not visible in AO

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are looking for installation of Analysis for Office to replace the existing BEx workbooks. We have done a PoC on the AO and have come up with couple of open items, Please help me understand if where we are missing out

Our current BW version is 7.0 SP18 , SAP GUI 740 Patch Level 1, BI Front end Add on 7x with patch 100 (BEx analyzer etc) Operating System Windows 7, 64bit and MS Excel 32 Bit. For our PoC we have installed AO 2.0

I am part of the technical team and have access to all the Menu Roles that exists in the system, even though I have roles in BW it doesnt show me anything when I click on Select Data Source and login to my SAP system! Does it need a separate security setup? and we need to know if that comes from the BI platform?

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your response. In our case I have access to all the roles but I dont see them when I try to select the data source but when I try to save the AO workbook then I get all the roles. Is there any specific authorization object that I should have access?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Abhishek Shanbhogue

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - what were the results of the back-end trace in BW (ST05)?  That should tell you what is missing.  Please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Go to RSA1 transport Connection   --> Object Changeability --> Change Analysis Office excel workbook & powerpoint to "Everything Changeable".

After this you will be able to save the workbook.

Thanks

Vijayendra

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - Trace Results show RSAO_CORE function group missing

Strange thing is that I can see all menu roles when I try to save my AO workbook

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good, then I would add what is missing into your BW authorizations and see if that solves it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Kindly ask your authorization Team to assign the below authorization object in your role.

S_RS_AO

Thanks

Vijayendra

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - Analysis Office uses the BW authorizations on the BW backend.  Please try accessing Analysis locally first against BW; if you do not see anything ask your BW Security team to perform an ST05 security trace on the BW backend

If you are accessing Analysis from the BI Platform you will need the related access there