cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug In Predict Tab of SAP PA Expert Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I was actually manipulating the invoice number column from numeric to text type in the Predict tab of SAP PA 2.2 Expert Mode. Sometimes after selecting convert to text and pressing Ok, some java lang error pops out. Please see the snapshot below

Though its not a  major issue. I click Ok and press the refresh button and the new text column gets generated. But still I think it should not be happening. Because I was doing this for few other columns and I have to repeat this whole process every time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I ran a few quick test and converted a few numeric columns to string using the Data Type Definition node (non-HANA data set) in Predict room/tab without issues.

I wonder if you see this issue even after the application is restarted and if so, could please share the lums file for the engineering team to investigate?

Thanks,
Jayant

PS: Please obfuscate data before sharing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanta

For me the dataset has around 5,000 rows when I was doing this conversion. Sometimes this bug comes and sometimes it didn't. Did you try with this big data set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Yes, I tried it with 1million records (census data) with 16 columns. I selected to convert three columns to string values without issues.

I've tried it on a very small and a large data set without issues so if you can share your lums file, I can get it investigated further. You can email it to my sap.com address if you like.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanta

Thank you so much for your help. The data is confidential, I am not supposed to share it. But  the suggestion you made of restarting the application, it worked.

In case if the issue still persist, I shall share the sample data set with you.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand Ranajay; I'll ask our QA team to keep an eye out of this one while they run their routine tests.

Regards,

Jayant

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

What is the conclusion on this one? are you facing this with SAP PA 2.3 still?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

yet to see with version 2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not facing this issue anymore in SAP PA 2.3. Thanks everyone.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not facing this issue anymore in SAP PA 2.3. Thanks everyone.

Regards

Ranajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

or , do you happen to have any clues for Ranajay?

Thanks & regards

Antoine