cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload business partners in C4C?

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have to upload some number of business partners into C4C system, so how to upload(import) business partners in C4C system?  Is there any way to upload the business partners using excel sheet(template).

I could not find import option in C4C business partners, but there is export option available to export the BPs to excel sheet.

Please let me know how to upload business partners in C4C system.

Regards,

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Maddy,

The Cloud for Customer solution does not support the usage
of business partner data migration. Neither is the Business Partners view provided with a save-back excel.

Hence we cannot explicitly create business partner s en masse.

However, using the migration tool for respective Business Partner master data like Customer/Prospects, Employee, Service Agent will implicitly create corresponding Business Partner records in the system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Maddy

There is a mass data maintenance tool and the data migration tool.  Have you found the mass data maintenance tool?  Check it out in the Admin guide at https://service.sap.com/cloud4customer or http://help.sap.com.  I just looked there and maybe it's now called the IT setup guide?

- does it have a new name? How do we search?

-ginger

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj and Ginger,

Thank you for your inputs.

As you suggested, I had started working on Mass Data Maintenance, it updated/edited the existing data(Account 1000000) successfully in C4C system. The below screenshot is for your reference.

But my requirement is, I have to create new business partners uploading from flat file.

I had tried to upload one record from file, but it was unsuccessful due to the Account (1000999) is not available in system.

I do not want to update/edit the data existed in c4c, but want to create new business partners uploading from flat file.  Kindly let me know how to create new business partners uploading from external resource.

Regards,

Maddy

MarkusGrant
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upload customers via Business Configuration -> Implementation Projects -> Open Activity List -> Integrate and Extend -> Migration of Customers.

There are step-by-step instructions available there, including information about how to prepare the upload file templates, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Like Grant has already mentioned, migration is the only way out here.

Thanks,

P S Pai

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maddy,

I will suggest you to check the migration template under Integrate and Extend phase in Fine Tune Activity. This has 3 options to upload the data- Enhance, Modify and Insert (or Add, check with the name for this)

To insert more Customers, use this third option to insert them. Enhance method will be used to add more data using the Key field while modify modifies the data which is inserted into the templates depending on the key field.

Check and confirm.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses.

I had downloaded the template for customers and filled with one record in General sheet for testing purpose.

Using the migration tool to migrate customers, tried to upload the template.

I clicked on upload button now but system shows the below error.

Could you please help me why the above issue has come, what is missing.

Regards,

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Maddy,

To overcome the issue, download the Migration Template again and
copy the data from the old migration file to new migration file.

The possible cause is .xml file corruption.

I hope this would help.

In case, if the issue persists again, Please report an incident to Support.

Thanks,

Suraj

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suraj, the issue is fixed.  It was due to microsoft excel was not in my system (I was using open source spreadsheet).  After installing ms office, the template got uploaded successfully into c4c with test data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Using templates, we would like to upload some business partners into C4C that are downloaded from ECC. 

1, Do we need to have organizational structure ready before uploading business partners?  If so, is it good idea to upload an org model using template?  Can we have multiple org structures in C4C system?

2. How to adjust/align the number ranges for the ECC customers that are going to be uploaded into C4C?  Are there any prerequisites to upload business partners in C4C?

Please help me with what settings are to be done as prerequisites before uploading business partners using templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maddy,

1. Org structures are very primitive data and hence it is
    essential that you have it set in your system beforehand. However, it is not
    prerequisite to have the org set in the system before you can create accounts,
    provided you are not including the Sales Data in the migration. You can, of
    course, have multiple org structures in C4C as you might in the integrated
    industry solution.
  2. You may use the Business Configuration activity: GENERAL
    BUSINESS PARTNERS - Define Number Ranges for Business Partners to define the number
    range for customers in C4C. The account IDs being migrated must be in line with
    what is specified in the above said activity. In case not, the migration
    service will throw open a value conversion task.

Regards,

P S Pai

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

I have the same requirement as you, but I can not also modify the customer.

I followed like this:

I download EN:Customer_Final doc, and edit the name of customer in Excel file

and I uploaded it as EN_Customer_Upload.but when I execute migration I see error

Can you help me about this?
Regards

Sin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sin,

You will have to use the enhance or modify migration modes  in this case.

We encourage you to use the mass data maintenance or Data Workbench features.

Thank you.

suraj

Mugesh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sin,

The error in the screenshot mostly occurs due to not proper adaptation of Extension Fields.

Please report an incident to fix this error.

Regards,

Mugesh

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mugesh

Thanks a lot,
As suggested I opened an Incident for this

Regards
Sepide

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your response,

I open an Incident for this problem and will wait for the response of SAP to know if it is from background or other thing!

Many thanks
Sin