cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release connection in JCO3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to release my JCO destination parameters in order to release my connection.

I am using destination of type current user - logon ticket.

currently iam using a java destination that conatis propertes for my destination and iam

calling the destnation in my code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

connections are automatically released to their respective pool if no longer needed by the application, i.e. if there is no open stateful context for this destination anymore.

If you mean closing the connection instead of releasing, this is configured with the destination pool settings. A released connection will get automatically closed after the pool's configured expiration timeout.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan !  Agreed.

But the pools configuration will remain active for that time being till that connection gets expired correct ?

so if in that meantime any other user with incorrect username password tries to access the backend he gets access as well since i am using destination of type current user not technical user.

i want to get rid of this situation and hence i am finding a way to explicitly close the connection after an user has executed an FM.

Kindly help.

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

several things here:

1. Pools are always managed per user. So a CURRENT_USER destination can have an unlimited number of pools attached to it. What user B does has absolutely no influence on the pool of user A, even if using the same destination configuration.

2. There should not be any password when configuring CURRENT_USER. The CURRENT_USER configuration depends on appropriate SSO2 assertion tickets being generated by the respective destination Properties object. If this is not the case, don't configure CURRENT_USER. CONFIGURED_USER should be used then, which is also the default.

3. If you always want to close a connection after executing an RFM, configure the pool size to be 0. But this is absolutely not recommended for performnace reasons. The automatic connection pooling works very well and you should use it.

What JCo version do you use?

Best regards,

Stefan