cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Cartonization Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to activate cartonization planning. So far, I am getting PSHUs created and getting right results as far as creation of PSHUs goes.

But once I get PSHU, is there any way to convert them as it is to final SHU? I tried to use /scwm/pack or used tcode scwm/cap but i have no clue if there is any option of converting PSHU to final SHU.

Appreciate any pointer or inputs on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Thx for all the inputs. Let me try with above settings and revert you back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

With above setting I am now getting PSHU pack material defaulted in pick HU. I hope thats expected behaviour.

So,  once I create PICK HU, will i be able to close PSHU or that will remain there for ODO?

Secondly, in my scenario total ODO weight is 1100kg and max capacity for 2 of pack material is 600kg ( material A)  and 500 kg each ( material 2) . But system when creates 2 PSHU material A. I was expecting one material A and one material B. Is it possible?

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

So,  once I create PICK HU, will i be able to close PSHU or that will remain there for ODO?

In my experience it remains there. It will have outbound delivery order document reference once you confirm the picking task.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Secondly, in my scenario total ODO weight is 1100kg and max capacity for 2 of pack material is 600kg ( material A)  and 500 kg each ( material 2) . But system when creates 2 PSHU material A. I was expecting one material A and one material B. Is it possible?

Can you elaborate more with material and pack material information?

what is capacity of pack material?

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

For your reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pack Material A with HU type as EURO Pallet : Capacity 500kg

Block Pallet Material B HU type B1 : Capacity 600 kg

Total ODO qty 21,( one product)

Gross weight 945  kg

System proposes 2 PSHU with 13 and 8 qty each with pack material B ( block pallet). I was expecting qty 8 to be packed with Europallet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi/All,

Did you get some time to check this?

Also, one more query is planning for multilevel pack spec? e.g. if my spec is like below:

Product A at level 1

Pack Mat A 8 of qty level 2

Pack Mat B consists of 8 Pack Mat A.

My ODO has lets say 32 qty. So when I execute the report , I am getting just one proposal of Pack Mat B and not of 4 Pack Mat A.

How can this be fixed?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Basically once you pick or pack into that PSHU, ie use that barcode, it becomes SHU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

I am still confused; how can I use that barcode? Is it outside of system or in system?

Or PSHU is just acting as reference for providing overview of how many pallets will be created /etc?

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

possible simple scenario without packing

1) you run CAP and create PSHU, which are assigned to ODO. e.g. you optimize the truck load

2) you print the HU labels with barcode

3) you start to pick and use the pre-printed labels as pick-HUs

in step 3 your PSHU becomes SHU

I hope it is more clear.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

thx for detailed reply. However in step 3 of yours, can I use PSHU ( e.g. $_850000000819) and convert it PIck HU ?

to explain more, I have 10 PSHU created based on Algorithm profile.

Now, I am picking the goods. How can I use these PSHU during pick HU creation? Is it just a reference or can I use the PSHU nr generated by system to somehow like to Pick HU?

please advice.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

I have already mentioned in the first comment.

An object similar to a shipping HU, describing a packaging material and the items it contains. In contrast to a shipping HU, a planned shipping HU does not physically exist in the warehouse and is only used to plan shipping HUs.

can I use PSHU ( e.g. $_850000000819) and convert it PIck HU ?

to explain more, I have 10 PSHU created based on Algorithm profile.

Now, I am picking the goods. How can I use these PSHU during pick HU creation? Is it just a reference or can I use the PSHU nr generated by system to somehow like to Pick HU?

You can use the result of cartonization planning to create Pick HU. But you can not use $_850000000819 as your Pick HU..

Now question. How cartonization planning and pick HU is linked?

WOCR is determined when you create a warehouse order. Inside the WOCR you check the field - CAP Compatibility and also you have a packing profile to create Pick HU inside this WOCR. by doing this Pick HU is created by using the cartonization planning result.

I hope it is clear to you.

Regards,

Jobi    

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

But once I get PSHU, is there any way to convert them as it is to final SHU? I tried to use /scwm/pack or used tcode scwm/cap but i have no clue if there is any option of converting PSHU to final SHU

• You have created PSHUs for warehouse tasks during warehouse order creation. For more information, seeCartonization Planning During Warehouse Order Creation.
  • You have defined warehouse order creation rules for picking from the activity areas. For more information, see Customizing for Extended Warehouse Management under  Cross-Process-Settings  Warehouse Order  Define Creation Rule for Warehouse Orders  .
  • So that the packing profile in the warehouse order creation rule creates the pick-HUs, you have selected theCreate HUs and the Assign WTs to HUs checkboxes in the packing profile. For more information, see Customizing for Extended Warehouse Management under  Cross-Process-Settings  Warehouse Order  Define Packing Profile for Warehouse Order Creation  .
  • You have defined a start and end bin for the activity area. If you use a pick point, the bin of the pick point is the starting bin of the activity area. See the SAP Easy Access screen for Extended Warehouse Management under  Master Data  Storage Bin  Assign Start/End Storage Bin for Activity Area  .

I hope you understand now.    

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

I am trying to activate cartonization planning. So far, I am getting PSHUs created and getting right results as far as creation of PSHUs goes.

What is PSHU?

An object similar to a shipping HU, describing a packaging material and the items it contains. In contrast to a shipping HU, a planned shipping HU does not physically exist in the warehouse and is only used to plan shipping HUs. Planned shipping HUs are created manually or automatically in cartonization planning. They are used for the creation of shipping HUs during picking or packing.

A PSHU is identified by a 18-digit number with the prefix $

The system uses PSHUs as a template for creating shipping HUs during either picking or packing.