cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able select correct value "Origin Group" values from F4 help

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a situation.  I have added field "HRKFT-Origin Group" to the data model and to the UI.  As there are locked table entries I added a dummy data element and added search help "H_TKKH1" to this dummy data element.  I have mapped this to the standard data element.

When I tried to create a change request and select a value from F4 search help incorrect value is populated.  Please see below screen shot.  I expected value Z000 to populated into the field but value BAT1 (Controlling Area) is populated.  Please advise how this can be corrected.

Regards,

Rama Narayana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

But in SAP delivered MM Data model HRKFT is already delivered as entity type 2 with data element HRKFT?

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

We are on MDG6.0 where field HRKFT is not delivered as standard.  We had to add HRKFT to the data model with search help.  Please see below.

We have added Profit Center similarly and is working fine.  Please advise.

Regards,

Rama Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

As check table for data element  (HRKFT) contains one foregin field you need to define it as entity not as attribute.

Please refer below SAP Guide

Extend MDG-M by a New Entity Type for standard ERP Tables (Reuse)

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

For this field it contains 2 foreign fields.  I have tried to create it as separate Type3 entity but it has not worked.  Looks like it might work by creating as a type 2 entity and adding all the values of this field to a Z domain.

As I was not sure this will work, I have decided to proceed in the same line of "profit center" field which is also similar.  For profit center it is working but not for "Origin Group" field.   Any thoughts?

Regards,

Rama Narayana

0 Kudos

I have created a Z Search help from SE11 transaction and assigned to the attribute in the data model and it worked.

Thread closed.

Thanks

Rama

Answers (0)