cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, Can anybody let me know the purpose of Agent Types in MSMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically To whom this Agent Types assigned.Please let me know the Main pupose of each Agent Type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Did you get chance to refer the SAP standard document

Please check the below link and refer the page 26 to 30 to get the information on agent types

Mainly Agent types are used for approval,notification

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the document but with a scenario how can we determine to which agent i should assign.

I have 3 stages with three agents to approve For  Stage 1 - Manager

Stage 2 - Module Head

Stage 3 - Security Head.

In this scenario how can we determine the agent type.

What agent type should be assigned For Manager,Module Head and Security Head.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

Did you not find GRAC_MANAGER, as a standard Agent type. Module Head and Security Head are not given as Standard Agent ids. So, you can create BRF+ Agent id for these

regards

p

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

It does not matter which agent type we use,depends on your requirement

Ex:

Stage 1 - Manager

You can use default manager agent type from MSMP,if you provide manager details in access request form

Stage 2 - Module Head and Stage 3 - Security Head.

You can create user groups with respect of modules and assign them to users in SU01

The same user group can be used for agent type

or

You can build BRF+ agent rules with conditions in decision table,then add the agent as API rule

We can use standard agent types for approval/notification,otherwise we can also create BRF+ agent rules depends on requirement and complex approvals process

Let us know if you need more additional details

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

In the first screen shot you have given for manager the Agent type is given as "Directly Mapped Users".On which basis we determine that Agent Type.

Regards,

Suresh.

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Manager details will be pulled from access request form,where we will provide manager details under user details tab