Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about ST-PI Versions.

thomas_schmitt3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning everyone,

I was wondering ...

What exactly is the difference between ST-PI 2008 and ST-PI 740 and when do I use which one ?

What are the Minimum Requirements ?

Could I use it with Basis Release 7.31 and 7.02 and which ST-PI would be the better choice ?

Regards,

Thomas Schmitt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

thomas_schmitt3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

thanks a lot for all the Input !

I was able to "resolve the issue".

Regards,

Thomas Schmitt

thomas_schmitt3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I'm still trying to figure out whether ST-PI 740 may be used for Systems running Basis Release 7.02 or 7.31 and if it would be the right choice there.

The ST-PI info does not mention ST-PI 740 only ST-PI 2008 but there definetly are SAP notes available recommending ST-PI 740 for certain Systems.

I find this extremely confusing ... 😞

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

well, as it was written before, I always use rtcctool and install what it says. Also I think it is not so crucial component and it won't destroy your system.

But I also understand, that you have doubts about rtcctool. It is hard to choose. But anyway, try something (which best fits mind) it on T,Q and you will see. The worst thing which can happen is complete restore.

Kind regards

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I recently came across a issue which occured when applying the SP for ST-PI 2008_* SP12 packages.
And then a new SAP KBA was released : 2194241 .

However if you are not implementing SP12 then its not relevant.

Thanks.

BR,
Gaurav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if this is resolved.

Thanks

Rishav

thomas_schmitt3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if RTCCTOOL is pointing out correctly.

For example: About 2 weeks ago I tried to implement the latest ST-PI 2008 Support Packages on a system running Basis Release 7.40 and ran into some problems. I found an SAP Note recommending an upgrade to ST-PI 740 for systems running Basis Release 7.40 ...

However: The RTCCTOOL still recommends ST-PI 2008 when I run it on a Basis 7.40 system.

So ST-PI 740 might be the choice for Basis 7.40 systems but what about Basis 7.02 / 7.31 / ... Is it supported there as well ?

SAP Note 539977 does not mention that nor the minimum Basis Release required for ST-PI 740.

Regards,

Thomas

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Just got this from the Info for ST-PI

• As of December 15, 2008 new releases of ST-PI for the  different basis releases are available
    - Support Package 00 for ST-PI 2008_1_[46C, 620, 640, 700, 710]
    They provide all corrections for ST-PI 2005_1_[46C, 620, 640] SP08 or ST-PI 2005_1_[700] SP06 or ST-PI 2005_1_[710] SP04 and some new functions.
  • Install ST-PI 2008_1_[46C, 620, 640, 700, 710] SP00 on all SAP systems in your system landscape including the SAP Solution Manager.
  • ST-PI 2008_1 requires a low Basis Support Package level, therefore an installation should be possible on most systems. See SAP Note 1228898 for further information.
  • ST-PI does not interfere with productive coding. To prevent any possibility of conflicts or interference with productive transactions, ST-PI objects are developed in independent namespaces.

General Download Information

The download file for the Solution Tools Plug-In Add-On and the Support Package can be downloaded by release in the current folder.
Please choose release ST-PI 2008_1 _*.  The installation  files for ST-PI 2005_1_* are listed for systems with SAP Basis releases which are not covered by ST-PI 2008_1_* and should be handled as an archive. Maintenance of ST-PI is done only for ST-PI 2008_1_*.

Implementation

Follow the installation instructions in SAP Note 1228898. The Solution Tools Plug-In is imported using the SAP Add-On Installation Tool (transaction SAINT). The Support Package is imported using the Support Package Manager (transaction SPAM).The Solution Tools Plug-In must be installed on all SAP systems in your system landscape including the SAP Solution Manager.

Relevant SAP Notes

The following SAP Notes describe the implementation steps of the Solution Tools Plug-In and the general requirements for SAP Standard Support:

• SAP Note 539977 Release Strategy for Solution Tools Plug-In
  • SAP Note 1228898 Installation/Delta-Upgrade ST-PI 2008_1
  • SAP Note 1228899 Upgrade with ST-PI 2008_1 (Solution Tools Plug-In)
  • SAP Note 560475 Frequent questions on the Solution Tool Plug-In
  • SAP Note 116095 Solution Tools Plug-In
  • SAP Note 091488 SAP Support Services: Central preparation note

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Please run report RTCCTOOL in SE38 and check the results.

It will point you to required ST_PI and ST_A/PI patches for the system.

Regards

Anand

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Try running RTCCTOOL in se38 and see the recommendations.

Also, these solution tools and plugins are core packages for collecting performance metrics  data related to things like EWA/Solution Manager.

Have a look at KBAs shares above by Rishav.

Regards,

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

What are you trying to install / implement.

Are you discussing here ST-Pi and ST-A/PI?

Basically this depends on the functionallity you want to implement and there are specific prerequisites for that.

ST-PI and ST-A/PI are related to data collection. They are installed in every system and are used to provide data to services like Earlywatch report and others.

Check the following notes for more information:

539977 for ST-PI.

69455 for ST-A/PI.

Regards

Rishav

thomas_schmitt3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I'm trying to implement the most current ST-PI Versions available for our different systems which are running on Basis 7.02 / 7.31 / 7.40 / and so on ... And I can't figure out which ST-PI I would have to use in which case.

Is ST-PI 740 supported for all our releases or just 7.40 and above ?

Regards,

Thomas

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

From reading all the posts, I think you have already found the release strategy Note for ST-PI.

Note suggests that ST-PI 740 can be implemented on SAP Netweaver 740 .
Further to this, you can also check the pre-requisite of ST-PI 740 installation/upgrade package and they have pre-requisite as SAP_BASIS 740 so you will not be able to implement the ST-PI on SAP_BASIS < 740 release systems.

I hope it helps.

BR,
Gaurav