How to integrate Afaria server  with SMP 3.0

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Please take a look at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52623, this doc will explain you on Afaria and Kapsel integration in SMP3.0.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushmitha for the reply...

But I thought we integrate Afaria server with SMP 3.0 server (instead of relay  relay server)...will it work in this way...

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

We use Afaria Server for the device management in SMP and the relay server acts as a Proxy server. Integrating the Afaria server with SMP3.0 server instead of Relay server is not possible as far I know.

Best thing can be done here is, we can have the common relay server communicated both for Afaria and SMP3.0 server. Make sure Afaria server and SMP3.0 server install on two different machines. This way the integration will happen with SMP3.0

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha

Sorry..I mean to say to integrate without relay server(not instead of relay server)..I don't want relay server in our environment.Afaria server can be exposed directly to the internet...

I want Afaria and SMP 3.0 integrated...for that http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52623, will this doc help...or is there any other doc for SMP 3 integration with Afaria server

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

No problem. We have only this doc available on how Afaria is integrated with SMP3.0. Afaria in SMP3.0 will come into picture only for the KAPSEL applications. This would be very useful document for the reference.

Do let us know for any further queries/clarifications.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushmitha for answering my question and for the document...

Regards

Karthik

Answers (0)

Ask a Question