cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 Development in intellij IDEA/Webstorm/Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there a way to set up a project in intellij idea/Webstorm or eclipse (preferably intellij but not a req) so that i could deploy the sapui5 application into my sap system?

Basically i would like to do most of the things as it is done in the webide:

1) clone a repo from git, edit, push, commit, pull etc <--- this is easy

2) deploy the project to the sap system so that the gateway webservices i use would also work <--- no idea how to do that

If there is a tutorial on how to do that plz refer to it. Although i would prefer to do that in intellij idea or webstorm or eclipse is also very good.

Thank you to everyone who contributes and helps out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Maybe this one is also helpful: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33792

(end-to-end guide to build a SAPUI5 application frontend consuming Gateway OData services with Eclipse-based SAPUI5 tools and to deploy it on the ABAP server with the SAPUI5 ABAP Team Provider)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all replies. Was just wondering if it was possible.

I have nothing against eclipse just want to avoid WebIDE with which I have been working for 2 months now and it is a drag. And so I wanted to see if I could reduce my reliance on WebIDE by switching to Intellij/Webstorm/Eclipse to enjoy coding and programming again while still keeping the same workflow: push/pull project to/from GIT and deploy to SAPUI ABAP Repo.

I'll give the End-to-End How-to a go and see where it will get me.

Thanks for all your help.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 scenarios:

development in webstorm + local tomcat, once development is done - copy to workspace of eclipse project, sync with abap

clone git repo from webide in webstorm, development in webstorm + local tomcat, push back to git, flush code to abap from webide (ugly as there is no delta load, only the whole thing. btw, can someone from webide team explain why? ?)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

The implementation of deployment to ABAP from Web IDE is the same as the "upload" option when using the /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD report on the ABAP system.

Using an Interactive ABAP Report to Synchronize - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Libr...

Regards,
Michal.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I bet delta sync with abap would be highly welcomed by HCP users/developers

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note taken

Will forward it to the relevant decision makers

Thanks!

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i tried to trace rfc traffic while syncing from eclipse to adt to mimic the same in custom jco (not relelevant to ide but to make synchronization transparent, background, property file driven, without any popups) but gave up, FM's are not obvious and documented

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2) deploy the project to the sap system so that the gateway webservices i use would also work <--- no idea how to do that

so far - only eclipse

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should find some help how to use ABAP as your UI5 repository here:

Using the SAPUI5 Repository - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

There is also an older article in SCN (not quite up to date as since NW 740 the components have changed)

Hope that helps

BR

Christian