Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 6.1 - after installation, the PPM links are not working

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a PPM 6.1 demo server. This is a new instance and not an upgraded one. Currently it is not configured for any module.

I find that on clicking on any of the PPM menu (e.g. Portfolio Structure, Classification Hierarchies, etc) - an IE browser is opened with a "page cannot be displayed" error message.

Can anyone point out where to troubleshoot. I am not sure if I need to do any configuration first or whether the installation was not correct.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Maybe some navigation customizing has not been copied from the delivery client. You can check Knowledge Base Article 1876442 which explains how to do so (though it concerns a different dump). If you are not familiar with KBAs: you can access these like a normal SAP Note.

If the issue persists, then I would recommend that you check the Configuration Guidelines document (available e.g. as attachment to SAP Note 2026421). There are various configuration steps which you do really need to carry out before you can use a PPM system.

Best regards
Francesco

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Francesco, your guidance is highly appreciated. Since I am new to SAP, it was confusing for me to know what lies within BASIS area and PPM configuration. This helps a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ashwini,

did you solve your problem? I have a similiar problem

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Multiple things need to be set properly. In my case following had to checked/fixed

1. When we checked the "System --> Status" and "Installed Software", it showed blank in the "Support Package" and "Support Package Patch" for CPRXRPM component. So we concluded that the PPM is not installed correctly. Additional notes were identified to be installed. We got to know this when we tried to fix point 5 below

2. I started following steps from the Master Guide and Config Guide for 6.1. (ConfigContPPM61SP01.pdf). Perform all the steps mentioned sequentially and refer to all the notes mentioned. You will come to a point where you need to assign roles. Please ensure you do this step correctly. Start with single role initially.

3. Then ensure you have done the "Determining the URL for Calling Portfolio Management" settings as mentioned. Here our server did not have the port settings done correctly. Those settings were entered by BASIS team. It will help if you have the fully qualified name for server mentioned. Else you need to do a hosts entry.

4. Activate all the services - tcode sicf - as mentioned in the config guide. We did not do anything specific for "Online Help" and "Doc Mgmt with KM" since we wanted to get the basic ppm application up and running.

5. Then we came to a point where we figured out that the most important setting is that of "Navigation" -- Refer to Master Guide -- /n/RPM/CUST_COPY command. There are 5 tables that need to be copied from SAP standard to your Delivery Client.

○ /RPM/DASH_PERS: Dashboard Customization

○ /RPM/DASH_ROLE: Dashboard Attributes Override Table

○ INM_NAV_CTX: INM Navigation Context

○ INM_NAV_CTX_W: INM Navigation Context Workcenter

○ INM_NAV_INF_W: INM Navigation Information

In our case only 3 tables were getting copied successfully and 2 were giving errors. As we tried to find the reason for this we found a note for this error -- 2073976 - /RPM/CUST_COPY dumps with SQL runtime error 

When our BASIS team tried to install this note, they figured out point 1 above - system was not at the right patch.

Note: We discarded the above server and did not use it thereafter.

6. In case PPM server which you are accessing is at a different location than your's, then check if you have the connectivity to the PPM server from your location by first pinging/telnet the server. If you cannot reach the server, then also you will get a similar error as the screen shot I have attached in my earlier post.

Hopefully one of the above points help you resolve your PPM issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you 🙂 i just have a little question

i copied all the tables, but i saw that 0 numbers are copied at the RPM/DASH_ROLE Table. Is it normal?

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

check this on scn

I do not have access to a ppm instance now so cannot really say. You can compare the standard with the client for this and find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting same issue can you please help?

Former Member
0 Kudos
ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Have you successfully executed /n/RPM/CUST_COPY command ? How many entries copied? they should be more than zero.

Regds,

Ashwini

Answers (0)