cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query master data into custom business object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I need to create custom business object for query Price List from account id and product code.

Just query, not create new one.

Now I've ABSL code to query already but I can't set sales price list master data to my OWL.

1. How to call my custom query to get standard data into my OWL?

2. How to binding data in OWL?

Please tell me some advice or another solution?

Best Regards,

Nuttha s.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nuttha,

Though I did not completely understand your requirement. But to query Sales Price List Data you can have a look at the below thread.

Regards,

Sumeet

d_weinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nuttha,

You need to create an association from your custom BO to the standard BO. Then you can create a query on your custom BO and reference standard BO fields in that query an also show those in the OWL.

Cheers,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for answer.

I followed this step already.

But It's now show data list in OWL.

Could you explain step for me?

Thank you.

Nuttha s.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

All we need is only create search screen using OWL (doesn't create new instance)

An expected action is

1. In ByD, Click on Z_WoC (under custom BO)

2. Select advance search and Enter criteria

3. Click Seach then this will call a custom query to retrieve data from standard BO

4. Display data on table in the same screen

So far, We have done these steps

1. Create Custom BO

2. Create Custom query and retrieve data from standard BO to custom subnode

Currently, data has been queried correctly in SDK (using debug to see data)

But we cannot bind that data (stored in subnode) to the screen. and everytime we enter to custom WoC it give us system crash error and no data found.

We guess it could happend because our  BO doesn't have initial data so we tried to use Mass Data Run for calling custom query and create some instance in custom BO. but binding is still not working

We not sure if we have done the correct way or not, any suggestion would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Nuttha s.

d_weinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nuttha,

what exactly do you mean by "Create Custom query and retrieve data from standard BO to custom subnode". Are you saying that you query data from a standard BO and persisting it again in your custom BO?

Since I do not know the exact use case I am not able to tell you wheather this is actually required. But again you are having two options:

1. Duplikate data from standard BO in your custom BO. Build a customer query on your custom BO. 2. As I suggested you are referencing the standard BO instance using an association and creating a custom query that access the standard BO via the assocciation.

From a UI perspective both approaches are the same. You simply create an OWL using your custom query and bind the respective query elements against your column fields.

That should do. If you are experiencing any crashes I would say that some binding or event handlers are not correct.

Could you post your BO definition and screenshot of your OWL design? Or at least some sample so that I could get an idea of what you have built.

Cheers,

Daniel