Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added custom field in PR Item Overview is disabled, cannot be changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My task was to add a custom field Release Date in Item Overview of Purchase Request in Tcodes: ME51N, ME53N and ME54N. I've read from different discussions that I can use user exit MEREQ001. So after reading discussions and the documentation here is what i did:

• Create project/user exit in CMOD and assigned MEREQ001 as enhancement.
  • Added custom field ZZRECDT (Received Date) at include table CI_EBANDB
  • Write code to Function exit EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_001 & EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_003 to get & set values
  • Activate the project/user exit

My problem now is that the custom field is now appears in Item overview but is disabled in all tcodes (ME51N, ME53N and ME54N). Did I missed something?

Regards,

Rod

2 REPLIES 2

TanmayVerma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

This can be due to Screen Layout for Purchase Requisition.

You can check the layout in SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Requisition -> Define Screen Layout at Document Level.

Here find the transactions in 1st column for field selection key and check the details. Select the proper field selection group where the custom field has been added and then then check whether the 'display' flag is set for the field.

~Tanmay

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but i can't find the custom field I added in any of Field Selection Key.

Rod