cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the duration of Payload Trace in SRT_UTIL/SOAMANAGER(SAP_BASIS 740)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have activated the Payload trace in SOAMANGER 'Logs and Traces' but it is only valid for 2 hours.Please see the screenshots.

I have already checked the tread  Can I use Web Service Utility SRT_UTIL to track... | SCN  but this is not applicable in my case as my system is on higher release(SAP BASIS 740). I cannot find the configuration needed to increase the payload trace for say 24 hours.

Can anyone help me in increasing the activation time or is there any other possibility?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasree,

Per the documentation you should see a Expiration Time filed: Configuring Tracing - ABAP Web Services - SAP Library

Check if you have all the authorizations needed.

In SAP Netweaver 7.31 i can see this field:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned that I have already checked the path you mentioned in 'SOA Runtime Trace Configuration'. In SAP Basis 7.40 , I have only the possibilities which I have mentioned in the screenshots.

Do you mean that its an Authorization issue that I cannot edit the '

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasree,

It is only a hunch, In your first screenshoot i've seen less options than i have in my system:

Do you have the option SOA Runtime Trace configuration?

I know the options usually change between versions and unfortunately i haven't a Netweaver 7,4 ABAP stack to check it, but in the 7.4 documentation the option SOA Runtime Trace configuration still appears. Then i suppose that you probably need any authorization,

Regards.