Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Solution Manager (Diagnostic Agent connection Error)

Good Day,

I hope someone could shed some light on the subject. Need clarification on Solution Manager Configuration.

During the System Preparation I need to connect the Diagnostic Agents to the SLD.

So this is how I understand it:

Solution Manager I Install:

• SLD,
  • Wily Introscope,
  • Host Agent,
  • Diagnostic Agent

On my Satellite server i.e: DEV, QAS and Prod I Install:

• Host Agent,
  • Diagnostic Agent.

What i did:

Solution Manager Diagnostic Installation:

• SID: DAA
  • Register in Existing Central SLD: (Basically I am registering Diagnostic on Local Solman SLD)
  • SLD HTTP Host: (Solution Manager IP ADDRESS)
  • SLD HTTP PORT: 50000
  • SLD Data Supplier User: SMD_ADMIN ( For some reason it does not accept the SLDDSUSER, ALL Auth Correct. So went with SMD_ADMIN)
  • Configure Connection via Java SCS Message Server
  • HOST(FQN): (Solution Manager IP ADDRESS)
  • JAVA SCS Message Server HTTP Port: 8102 (02 is SOLMAN SCS Instance Nr)

Satellite Systems Diagnostic Installation:

• SID: DAD (DEV), DAQ (QAS), DAP (PROD)
  • Register in Existing Central SLD: (Basically I am registering Diagnostic on Local Solman SLD)
  • SLD HTTP Host: (Solution Manager IP ADDRESS)
  • SLD HTTP PORT: 50000
  • SLD Data Supplier User: SMD_ADMIN ( For some reason it does not accept the SLDDSUSER, ALL Auth Correct)
  • Configure Connection via Java SCS Message Server
  • HOST(FQN): (Solution Manager IP ADDRESS)
  • JAVA SCS Message Server HTTP Port: 8102 (02 is SOLMAN SCS Instance Nr)

After each installation of the Diagnostic Agent I :

Update host_profile:

service/admin_users = <solmanhostname>\SAPServiceDAA <devhostname>\SAPServiceDAD <qashostname>\SAPServiceDAQ <prodhostname>\SAPServiceDAP

run Script:

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://(Solution manager FQDN, not IP address)" port:"8102" user:"smd_admin"pwd:"PASSWORD"

I restart each Diagnostic Agent.

Rerun Step 5.3 Create logical Ports.

Wait a few minutes. Then try and Get Agents on Step 6.3.

This is when the setup gives me two errors:

1. 1. SOAP:1.023 SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")
  2. 2. Web service invocation problem on host solman.cenored.com and port 80 protocol : http logical port name : LP_WS_SMDAGENT_MONITORING

What I have also noticed is on step 6.1 with SLD configuration it’s only showing 1 Agent (I presume solman’s)

So my question to you would be is my approach correct? Or Should I create an SLD on each satellite system and connect each Diagnostic Agent to its own local SLD and then add the local SLD’s in step 6.1 or can I leave it as is with only solman local SLD and all Diagnostic Agents connect to the single SLD.

The error seems to be in line with the Webservices not running or port being blocked or not open? Checked, all Ok.

Not sure what I am doing wrong any guidance would be very helpful. Not sure why I am getting this error and can’t find any info that has helped me resolve this issue.

Thank you

Johann

Tags:
replied

Hi

Please check the user type for SM_INTERN_WS, User authorizations validity etc.

Its better to recreate the web services and ports.

Please check the below notes.

1776552 - SOLMAN_SETUP - Step Connect Diagnostics Agents fails with "ICF Error when receiving the response: HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED"

1738353 - Diagnostics Setup fail with SOAP error and ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Re execute the step 4.3 enable web services.

can I leave it as is with only solman local SLD and all Diagnostic Agents connect to the single SLD.  Yes, Or I can say it is having broader perspective, you need to check what are the SLD's being used in your landsacpe for example standalone SLD or PI system SLD, Later you need to connect your solman SLD with that or it solely depends on how your infrastructure is.

Further

Start transaction SOAMANAGER on Solution Manager System
Search the consumer proxy corresponding to the failing Web Service call:

• Diagnostics Agent related Web Services.
    Consumer Proxy = CO_DIAGSTP_WS_AGT_SMDAGENT_MON
    Logical Port = LP_WS_SMDAGENT_MONITORING
    (Java Web Service : SMDAgentMonitoring)

If the Logical Port can not be found, make sure the automatic activity 'Create Logical Ports' was successfully executed in System Preparation (Configure Connectivity->Enable Web Services).

Select the Logical Port (from the 'Configurations' tab).
Possible actions:

• Use the 'Ping Web Service' button to reproduce the error caught by solman_setup. NB : depending on your Solution Manager version, you may get the error : "Web service ping failed (RC=403). Service Ping ERROR: Forbidden". This error is specific to SOAMANAGER and hides the actual behavior (successful or unsuccessful) of the Web Service call. It must thus be ignored. See SAP Note 1819559.

Regards

Rishav

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question