Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decode error in a scripted calculation view

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a scripted calculation view. On activation of the same, i get an error and it also states line number of the error.However, there is no pointer in the studio as to which line the error is occurring and there are no line numbers as well. It is a huge code and it is getting default to track the line where the error is occurring. Is there a way to decode the error?

Thanks,

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what you meant by decode. If it's an error, and you have the line with the error, just go to the line and check what you did wrong.

If you can't see the line numbers in the editor it's because you haven't set the option to see them in eclipse. Just right click on the gray bar at the left side of the editor panel and select 'Show Line numbers', like explained here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/640884/how-can-i-show-line-numbers-in-eclipse

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. I will check the "Show Line numbers" option that you mentioned.

Is there a way to check  where the error has occured? For ex. in ABAP , once you do a syntax check and if there is an error you can double click on it and it takes you to the line where the error has occured. The reason i ask this is because this scripted view is huge and it would be great if there is such an option or atleast an error symbol (X) next to the line where the error is occurring. Is there any configuration to be done to get that?

Regards,

Prem

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have that feature on both Hana Studio and WebIDE script editors. Not sure why you're not seeing that (old HANA Studio version maybe?).

One more thing: *huge* code (no matter where) is a general bad practice (bad maintenance overall).

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Answers (0)