SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing lock on Installation during Disconnection

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever a disconnection is carried out, a billing relevant block period gets populated on the Installation.

For these cases, how can I bill a customer for the consumption till that date. (I need to bill the disconnection read)

Is this possible ?

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

In the Disconnection Variant configuration, you can specify that you want an "Interim Bill" when the Disconnection is processed.

This will generate a "02" (Interim with Billing) Meter Reading, and will create a Billing Order that will bill based on the meter reading that was entered into the Disconnection document.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

By Standard SAP there is no such blocking mechanism for disconnected period, you can bill disconnected consumption (reading reason 13) if you create a interim or periodic billing order on or after disconnection.

Can you give a example or more detail of this issue.

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

After disconnection has been carried out, a billing block gets populated at the Installation level. (this is different to the contract billing block). The issue I was facing was not being able to create an interim bill in this period and checking the 'Create IB' tick box in processing variant config has solved my problem.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Monis Shakeel

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

In the Disconnection Variant configuration, you can specify that you want an "Interim Bill" when the Disconnection is processed.

This will generate a "02" (Interim with Billing) Meter Reading, and will create a Billing Order that will bill based on the meter reading that was entered into the Disconnection document.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Found the 'Create IB' check box in processing variant configuration. This will solve my issue.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Although my issue has been resolved, but if i enter any meter read in the disconnected period, I am able to bill it despite the block relevant period being populated.

This makes the billing block redundant. Ideally, it should have let me bill only the disconnection read and not any other read after it.

Does the Interim billing block make all other reads after it billable ? (I was able to bill periodic reads as well).

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the Schema to see if the flag "Disconnection Periods not valuated" (Field DISCON_FREE) is checked on for the steps that you do not wish to execute.

You have to uncheck "hide empty fields' in the schema display.

Also what do you mean by "Block Billing"? Are you using a Billing Block at Contract master data level, or using some other approach. The Billing block should stop Billing unless you have an enhancement that permits certain Billing Blocks to be ignored.

Regards,

Ivor