cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is the KNVV-BOIDT (Rebate Index Validity start date for a customer) updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I want to know how and when exactly the validity start date of the customer i.e. KNVV-BOIDT updated for a customer, I understand that its updated when i run the t code OVB3 to update the VBOX table and may be from there its updated against the rebate customer in KNVV-BOIDT field.

But my problem is that for many customers at my end, its showing 21.09.1965 as the date which is rather strange and I want to know how exactly is appears there.

I already searched the forum but there is nothing conclusive here that can be attributed to my issue.

Please help me out in understanding why this strange date shows at my end as obviously we are not granting rebates back in 1965 even if they are retroactive and neitehr any of the customer's rabet agreement invoice has this validity period

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Crystal,

thanks so much for the responses but I can see that this note is quite old and we already have this included into our system as we are running on EHP6 (SAPKH60605) but still the blank values are there.

So do you think we should raise this to SAP and get their help on this one?

Ideally when we create a customer without any reference customer, then this field should set the system date as BOIDT but in case of some customers (irrespective of whether they are created with reference or not) its coming blank.

Thanks a lot anyway for your valuable inputs.

Sid 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Crystal... you have a nice name by the way

Now the only question remains that in which case this KNVV-BOIDT field is blank?? we have many customers where its blank and they are rebate active and have billing documents generated for them as well.

Thanks,

Siddhant

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhant,

It is really difficult to tell the logic in general without an example since the symptom may happen in various situation.

Right now, the only possibility I can tell is following note:

1719731 -  Create with ref.customer does not fill KNVV-BOIDT.

You may check how were the customers created and whether this note has been implemented or not.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhant,

There is a possibility that the issue happens when running report RV15B001.
Actually, the date is hardcoded in following program:

PROGRAM RV15B001
* Am Ende die Kundenstämme updaten
    update knvv set boidt = '19650921'.
    commit work.

The intention of setting this arbitrary date in the past is to make sure that all
necessary data is processed during the VBOX update.

You could check note 66183 about this part of coding.
This coding was introduced in a very old release, it has been corrected by note 200471.

Please let me know if this is helpful or not.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin