cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA SSL setup & error: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been working through the instruction to setup SSL using OpenSSL. The document I've been referencing is this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d2b2b7-3574-3010-dcac-be68463c6...

All of the expected results have been completed successfully, with the exception of the last steps to Enable SSL Communication within HANA Studio .

These steps require:

1) right click on the HANA system, On the Properties dialog, check the ‘Connect using SSL’ option.

2) On the Additional Properties tab, check the ‘Validate the SSL certificate’ option.

3) Confirm that HANA Studio will now communicate using SSL, the hover tooltip should now show SSL, and the system node icon should show a small lock.

After I attempt to complete step #2, I get the following errors:

1) Database connection is not available, see error log

2) Error log say: error checking connection

3) details in the error log state:

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://FQDN:30015;IPADDRESS:30015 [None of the hosts could be reached: [Cannot connect to host FQDN:30015 [sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target], -813.; host = IPADDRESS:30015 error = Cannot connect to host IPADDRESS:30015 [sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target], -813.]].

Of the two main errors here:

1) cannot connect to the hosts

2) unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I suspect the second, re: finding valid certification path, is the one related to the SSL certificate.

Any ideas on resolving these errors?

Much appreciated.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same errors for us.   Can anyone help?

Former Member