cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup eclipse-HANA Studio for SAP Operational Intelligence - Dev Edition on AWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone faced issues installing the OPInt Plug-in for HANA studio from system image on Amazon Cloud ?

I installed SAP BPM and Operational Process Intelligence on SAP HANA [developer edition] Free Trial offerings via SAP Cloud Appliance Library on AWS cloud.

I am able to add the system on AWS using SAP HANA Administration console.  I am also able to connect to the update site by using http://<host>:80<instance>/sap/opi/pv/updatesite via Windows -> Install options.

But when I use the go to install the plugin in Hana Studio it takes a very long time. Message is "Cannot perform operation. Computing alternate solutions, may take a while" .  15 operations are performed slowly in foreground while the studio is hanging.  2 HOURS down and only 5 operations are done.

In case users are tempted to kill the process - Please do not kill the session because I learnt it the hard way. It will cause the HANA studio not to load again and you will have to clean up the  workspace  http://letsgetdugg.com/2009/04/19/recovering-a-corrupt-eclipse-workspace/.

I have referred to following blogs / discussions already : -

How to setup Eclipse-HANA Studio for SAP Operat... | SCN

I had to use the Trial HANA OpInt because there is no download available for Trial PO as mentioned in this blog.

It does look like there is a lot of work needed for getting this HANA OpInt image fixed.  Also there is no help documentation for the process scenario on this trial version.

Have a Great weekend !

Thanks and Regards,

Discussion successfully moved from SAP Process Orchestration to SAP Operational Process Intelligence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Charu,

Which release of Eclipse are you using to install the plugins ? This happens when there is inconsistency between the plugins. Ensure that you are using compatible version of Eclipse to install OpInt SP01 plugins.

The OPInt version that is available in trail account are quite old, we are soon going to release a new OPInt on Cloud trail instance. Stay tuned for more information on the same.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @Archana Shukla,

You are correct the issue was due to incompatible Eclipse version. I downgraded to Luna and the plugins were loaded quickly.

I am tuning in for the updated instance.

Do you know where to look for the documentation on the pre-configured process scenarios ?

Thanks and Regards,

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Charu,

What do you mean with pre-configured process scenario ? What kind of documentation are you looking for ? Here are the official SAP OpInt help documentation: SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks for your help again.  Maybe this question belongs as a separate discussion.

Let me try to clarify -

I am assuming there will be template processes that are configured in this PO landscape. Essentially as a pre-delivered content in this AWS instance so we do not have to create new custom PO process or Monitoring applications in Eclipse.

I am looking for any documentation on how can we start these pre-delivered approval processes that come with the AWS image.

So without having to develop new processes in Eclipse, the users can then see after trigger these existing process in the BPM inbox and monitor when we load Space.Me.

Thanks and Regards,

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Charu,

We do not have any such documentation for the version. As said, we soon would publish a new version with documentation and other required materials.

Regards,

Archana

Answers (0)