cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_BW_GET_APPR_LIMIT is pulling Approval limit for one user good and other user is zero

itm_support
Explorer
0 Kudos

BBP_BW_GET_APPR_LIMIT is pulling Approval limit for one user good and other user is zero. But both the users have approval limits maintained. It was working fine before support packs upgrade. Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

1) I guess BBP_BW_GET_APPR_LIMIT returns the approval limit settings from the transaction SU01 -'Personalization' and BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT variable. Did you try to set that for the users where it did not fetch it (set in SU01).

2) Also check if this FM has been released for customer use or not or whether it is meant for SAP coding only. Check table TFDIR-FREEDATE if value is there, it means release else not. (I do not have a SRM system currently to check that).

You can refer note 109533 - Use of SAP function modules for things to keep in mind when using non-released FMs.

3) If the Approval Limit is set in the Org Structure, you can try using FM BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES.

4) Also, whenever you post such upgrade questions,  it is always good to mention what release you were on and what is the current release.

regards,

Modak

itm_support
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Modak. BBP_BW_GET_APPR_LIMIT is SAP release FM. It was used to determine the SC approver in standard SAP. Because this FM is not doing good. SC is not showing proper approver.

I was trying to find out this FM is miss behaving. I am at SRM_PLUS-rel-550,SP-0019 and SRM_SERVER-rel-550,SP-0019.

Suggested FM-BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES also behaving same way as BBP_BW_GET_APPR_LIMIT.

Both are pulling approval limits for one user and zero for other user.

By the way I maintained BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT in user Personalization. it worked. This could the final solution If I could not figure out why these FMs are not pulling approval limits from Org.