cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in PB Sections on SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference in the two PowerBuilder sections here on SCN?  There's the current section I'm (we're) in, and then there's the SAP PowerBuilder section.  This section seems like it would be the more appropriate place, as I recognize so many of the names on here.

Just wondering why an already small group would have factions in it...  Seems they should be banded together for the greater good.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding is that the Developer Center is more for developers using the product.  The SAP PowerBuilder section is more of a pre-sales area for people who are not using it yet, but interested in the product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes sense.

In other words, this is the technical area and that area should is more rainbows, unicorns, pixie dust, smoke and mirrors.  (how I view sales/marketing)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee;

This is a recent development and a further fracturing of the PB community. I suspect that this whole group on SCN will be replaced with a new equivalent when Appeon takes over PB. SAP are currently in the process of turning over the PB product development to Appeon. I suspect that once this is done later this summer that Appeon will restructure the way the PB product is handled - both from the technical support, user group, licensing, support, etc aspects.

Regards ... Chris

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 This is a recent development and a further fracturing of the PB community. 

Huh?  The SAP PowerBuilder space has been around since at least January of 2013, which is only about 3 months after the PowerBuilder Developer Center (this area) was created.