cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries / Concerns for Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working SAP BO Design Studio 1.5 Version 15.6.0. I am totally new to it but i am going through the videos and different threads to learn and understand various components and functionalities in it. But before I have worked on Webi and Xcelcius Dashboards. For the Design Studio,I have the following questions as follows:

1. I am connected to the BEx query directly and i have an "amount" as a key figure in it.

Since it is difficult for any new person to understand what the amount is, I want this amount to be displayed as "SALES AMOUNT". Is it Possible in      Design Studio?

2. Can we do the calculations at the design studio level. For eg: If I have the Sales and Cost with me and I want to calculate the Gross Margin Value.         Can I do it in design studio or I will have to calculate it in a BEx Query only. And also can I calculate the percentage value in the design studio or            that also I will have to maintain it at the BEx level?

3. How to design the Text Box, I mean can I give the border to the text box and make the different font sizes and styles in it? If yes how can i do it? Is       there any CSS Script for it? If yes then can someone send me test example script? I want to Design the following Box in the design studio.Following is the attached screen shot of it.

4. Can I make a Dynamic Analysis from One datasource Only? For this I went through many threads and I came to know about the "SELECTDATASOURCE" and "ASSIGNDATASOURCE function in the script editor. But, I want to know the difference between the two and also the  script to be written to assign only one data source in the 4-5 components to make the dynamic analysis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Foram Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathik,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

But again for your answers I have some queries.

I did not understand your reply in the point no.2. And also can you tell me in detail what is the script for the calculation or where and how to use "getdata" function in the script?

And also how does the "Generic Analysis Template helps to create 4-5 components from 1 data source only? I mean is there any option in that  template that once  when I use the designed data source in one component and in other component if I want to use the same data source with different dimension can I use? If yes then can you please suggest me the the options you found in  Generic Analysis Template?

Thanks & Regards,

Foram Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah

To answer the question about doing calculation in design studio ,

I have a crosstab with customers as dimension and Revenue and cost as key figures

On select of the crosstab i have given the following code to calculate gross margin

I hope this helps

To learn more about each api used you can refer to  the application designer guide provided by SAP

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy for your helpful reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you once again for the reply.

I also have one more concern that can I create rank in design studio? I mean if I wat to display top 10 countries or bottom 10 countries on linked to that particular year in the chart or the crosstab can I do it ? If yes then can you suggest me it can be done via scripting or is there any such functionality available in 1.5 release?

Thanks,

Foram Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to do it in BEx Query and use that query as a datasource to your chart or crosstab. You cannot achieve rank  in Design Studio through direct scripting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks.

But I am not still clear on the Generic Analysis Template. I went through the  guide also but not getting my answer up to the point.

Thanks & Regards,

Foram Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah

To answer this "How does the "Generic Analysis Template helps to create 4-5 components from 1 data source only? I mean is there any option in that  template that once  when I use the designed data source in one component and in other component if I want to use the same data source with different dimension can I use? "

Generic Analysis Template by default has one crosstab and one chart , if your requirement is to slice and dice the data using these components  the job is done. But if you want to add more components it would be challenging task because you need to add the script accordingly in all places. So I suggest you to study the template and the scripting used and then leverage the same in your customized application.

FORAM SHAHif you got your answer you can close this thread.

Thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Karthik. Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to answer ur qns one by one...

1. I am connected to the BEx query directly and i have an "amount" as a key figure in it.

Since it is difficult for any new person to understand what the amount is, I want this amount to be displayed as "SALES AMOUNT". Is it Possible in      Design Studio?

- You cannot change the display of a infoobject name in a crosstab or chart. So you would need to change the description in BEX query.

2.Can we do the calculations at the design studio level. For eg: If I have the Sales and Cost with me and I want to calculate the Gross Margin Value.         Can I do it in design studio or I will have to calculate it in a BEx Query only. And also can I calculate the percentage value in the design studio or           that also I will have to maintain it at the BEx level?

- Possible to do calculations for each dimension level using an array. However if you want this calculation to be displayed in an analytical component like crosstab - it is not possible.

Do make it more clear, you have a cross tab displaying products in rows and Sales , Cost in Columns. When a user selects a particular product you can calculate the necessary values using getdata() function and doing some caluclations through script .Now you can display this calculated value in a Text.

3.How to design the Text Box, I mean can I give the border to the text box and make the different font sizes and styles in it? If yes how can i do it? Is       there any CSS Script for it? If yes then can someone send me test example script? I want to Design the following Box in the design studio.Following is the attached screen shot of it.

- Possible , First Make sure you form the layout correctly with Grid Layout and Text box and use the following css script in CSS style optio of the text box

(modify the following script however required)

color:black;

back-ground-color:grey;

font-size:24px;

font-weight:bolder;

4.Can I make a Dynamic Analysis from One datasource Only? For this I went through many threads and I came to know about the "SELECTDATASOURCE" and "ASSIGNDATASOURCE function in the script editor. But, I want to know the difference between the two and also the  script to be written to assign only one data source in the 4-5 components to make the dynamic analysis.

- Possible just go throught the standard templates available in Design Studio

Create new application -> Give name for the application ->Next->Select template.

"Generic Analysis"  template can solve your purpose.

Thanks

karthik S

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 & 2 should be done in the BEx query; Design Studio cannot do calculations

On 3, it looks like you are trying to do a KPI tile; there is a sample SDK for this at help.sap.com/boad

4 - there is a "Generic Analysis"  template for datasources you can look at for this type of functionality