Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Queries / Concerns for Design Studio

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working SAP BO Design Studio 1.5 Version 15.6.0. I am totally new to it but i am going through the videos and different threads to learn and understand various components and functionalities in it. But before I have worked on Webi and Xcelcius Dashboards. For the Design Studio,I have the following questions as follows:

1. I am connected to the BEx query directly and i have an "amount" as a key figure in it.

Since it is difficult for any new person to understand what the amount is, I want this amount to be displayed as "SALES AMOUNT". Is it Possible in      Design Studio?

2. Can we do the calculations at the design studio level. For eg: If I have the Sales and Cost with me and I want to calculate the Gross Margin Value.         Can I do it in design studio or I will have to calculate it in a BEx Query only. And also can I calculate the percentage value in the design studio or            that also I will have to maintain it at the BEx level?

3. How to design the Text Box, I mean can I give the border to the text box and make the different font sizes and styles in it? If yes how can i do it? Is       there any CSS Script for it? If yes then can someone send me test example script? I want to Design the following Box in the design studio.Following is the attached screen shot of it.

4. Can I make a Dynamic Analysis from One datasource Only? For this I went through many threads and I came to know about the "SELECTDATASOURCE" and "ASSIGNDATASOURCE function in the script editor. But, I want to know the difference between the two and also the  script to be written to assign only one data source in the 4-5 components to make the dynamic analysis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Foram Shah

replied

Hi Shah

To answer the question about doing calculation in design studio ,

I have a crosstab with customers as dimension and Revenue and cost as key figures

On select of the crosstab i have given the following code to calculate gross margin

I hope this helps

To learn more about each api used you can refer to  the application designer guide provided by SAP

Thanks

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question