cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO3 and rfc destination of type current user(logon ticket)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using jco3 to connect with the backend sap system using rfc destination of type current user(logon ticket) , connectivity works fine but i am having an issue with the session handling.

In jco3 there is no concept of closing connection explicitely right ?

I am facing the below issue :

Case 1:Fail

I am able to connect with the backend system(KDD) for the first time with user id and password that exist in backed.

PFB the connection properties after successful login:

{jco.destination.auth_type=CURRENT_USER, jco.client.lang=EN, propertiesProvider=destination for a current user configuration, jco.client.auth_type=CURRENT_USER, jco.client.type=3, jco.client.sysnr=00, jco.client.client=001, POOL_MODE=POOL_MODE_POOLED, jco.client.gwserv=sapgw00, jco.client.destination=JCODATAPP, jco.client.ashost=KDD.na.pg.com, jco.client.cpic_trace=-1, jco.destination.peak_limit=10, jco.client.gwhost=KDD.na.pg.com, jco.destination.pool_capacity=5, jco.destination.userid=CM7656, jco.destination.max_get_client_time=10000, jco.destination.expiration_time=300000}

2) Instantly I  logout the previous session user  and trying with a new session when I try to login with a new username that do not have access to backend still I am still able to login to the backend with the below properties

{jco.destination.auth_type=CURRENT_USER, jco.client.lang=EN, propertiesProvider=destination for a current user configuration, jco.client.auth_type=CURRENT_USER, jco.client.type=3, jco.client.sysnr=00, jco.client.client=001, POOL_MODE=POOL_MODE_POOLED, jco.client.gwserv=sapgw00, jco.client.destination=JCODATAPP, jco.client.ashost=KDD.na.pg.com, jco.client.cpic_trace=-1, jco.destination.peak_limit=10, jco.client.gwhost=KDD.na.pg.com, jco.destination.pool_capacity=5, jco.destination.userid=CM7656, jco.destination.max_get_client_time=10000, jco.destination.expiration_time=300000}

The second session uses the previous session details even after logout and hence was able to access the backend(KDD) again after incorrect details.

Case2: Success-Expected functionality

1. 1) I was able to connect with the backend system(KDD) for the first time with valid username/pwd that exists in backend.

1. 2) Now after some minutes or so when I try to connect to the system with username and password that do not exist in backend  I am not able to login and which is an expected scenario.

Invalid username and password

Kindly help me to resolve this issue !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

you may only use the CURRENT_USER authentication type if the DestinationDataProvider is also supporting this feature.

Who is the implementor of your DestinationDataProvider that you have deployed? Or do you use the default one with reading property files? The default implementation does not support the CURRENT_USER authentication type.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I think i am using the below destination data provider and in this there is an option to set the user of type current user.PFB the screenshot for the same from my portal/nwa:

Kindly provide your comments ..

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK this looks like you are using the embedded JCo in NW AS Java and its destination service.

There the SAP Assertion Tickets are supported, of course.

But I know that there was one or the other bug in this area.

I suggest that you update your AS Java installation to the latest patch level at least for SERVERCORE.SCA. But please be aware of the dependencies to other component archives and check with the SCA dependency analyzer which other archives need to be updated together with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Iam using the rfc destination service of the netweaver administraion.

The issue persists for type assertion ticket as well .:(

What do you mean by ""please update your AS Java installation to the latest patch level at least for SERVERCORE.SCA. But please be aware of the dependencies to other component archives and check with the SCA dependency analyzer which other archives need to be updated together with it..

Can you please elaborate on this what exactly i need to do here. ?

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I meant: contact your NW AS Java system administrator and request the update of the SERVERCORE component to its latest patch level.

As a system administrator he should know what to do.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

in your case 1, you obviously did not exchange the user credentials in the destination properties. When looking at the properties, it's easy to notice that you are using CM7656 in both cases. Then it's clear that a logon does not fail. The user that does not have access is obviously using the same destination properties. This looks like the properties instance that is used has still the old data. Check the DestinationDataProvider implementation, whether it really does the things correctly.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me to understand how to clear the property instance of the previous user.